What percent of riders have been 150 mph

Is there a poll feature on this site? If not I would suggest using a 3rd party website to host a poll, but I would be willing to be that it is well over 90% of SPORTBIKE owners have gone 150. If you didn't want to go fast and take corners, you would have a cruiser or a scooter.

Especially on this forum. I'm sure it's 98%-100% that have gone 150+, whether on the street or strip. Whether they do it REGULARLY or not... now that is a good question. (Once or more a week I would say is regularly. 52 times a week is risky)

Is there a poll feature on this site? If not I would suggest using a 3rd party website to host a poll, but I would be willing to be that it is well over 90% of SPORTBIKE owners have gone 150. If you didn't want to go fast and take corners, you would have a cruiser or a scooter.

Especially on this forum. I'm sure it's 98%-100% that have gone 150+, whether on the street or strip. Whether they do it REGULARLY or not... now that is a good question. (Once or more a week I would say is regularly. 52 times a week is risky)

I don't think that's completely true. I know quite a few who have gone to 100mph but haven't gone past that because they were too scared. Not every sport bike rider is a speeder, just like not everyone who rides one actually knows how to ride it (in fact i think more then half of them around here cant ride for ****), some people buy it because it suits their persona or in the world of Starbucks racers its a fashion accessory. :thumbsup:

I have been up to about 170 on my Ducati and 180 on the Busa (2000, no restriction, without NOS injection). I was scared to death thouygh. I have a personal goal of going 200+ on the Busa (Ducati is limited to like 189 or whatever). Right now my bike is capable of going 201-206mph without the NOS. With the NOS, its estimated it would put down 240-260hp to the rear wheel so bye bye and the speedo only goes to 220 sooo...hmmm. of course I will be doing this all on the track mind you. I think the fastest on the street is probably closer to 160 on both bikes. And yes, most crotch rockets can go that fast, just takes them a lil longer.

I don't mean no disrispect, but I am getting nauseous. Could someone close this thread already. :please:

and if we're going by the rating on the speedo, it was pegged. only did it once, and never since. i have a wife and fam to think about. it's really kind of selfish to do stuff like that on the street. think of others before you think of yourself, hooah.

160 (indicated) on a gsxr1k
170 " " on a busa

don't have the $ (or anyone to bail me) to get out of jail now, been keepin it cool. now on my 10 i hit the big speed quickly and let off:laugh:

172 MPH has been my max speed, and that was quite a while ago. Normally, I am under 100 even in short bursts of speed. Although, there are times when riding with my buddy on his ZX-14 that we stretch their legs a bit when out in the country.

bounced the tach on my 99' cbr900rr. speedo was past the 185 mark and was straight down. not sure how fast it was. way faster than i needed to be going. :rofl:

i passed one of my buddies on it back in the day at 175mph. he said he didnt hear anything or see much but a blur and bzzzzz... i cought up with him at mcdonalds in kingman and he said he had no idea who it was as he couldnt even be sure the colors on the bike. lol:rofl:

ive grown up now and have less of a need for speed:mwink:....thats why i bought a new busa...:thumbsup:

yes ive been somewhere between 180 and 190 indicated on my bike. i dont look at the gauges much when at that speed. plus it was on hwy 54/400 west of wichita and im scared of the police....140mph in a 35 outside of kingman :whistle: (yes i got ticketed on my 900 back in 2000)

however i believe that the police like my busa better as i passed my wife playing with her once up by sedgwick and hit about 120 in 3 sec or whatever and slowed down...police was 2 cars back and cought me...told me not to park on sidewalks..:lol:

Considering the Hayabusa was designed and engineered to be the fastest bike, I find it odd that anyone would buy one and never go 150+. There's better bikes for every other type of riding. You can hit 150 just on the on-ramp before even getting on the highway itself. If speed isn't your thing, you bought the wrong bike.

Considering the Hayabusa was designed and engineered to be the fastest bike, I find it odd that anyone would buy one and never go 150+. There's better bikes for every other type of riding. You can hit 150 just on the on-ramp before even getting on the highway itself. If speed isn't your thing, you bought the wrong bike.

That's what makes the Busa so great, it's versatility. 1/4mile, a little track day, show bike, and my favorite touring. My wife and I have been called "the old couple" on a Busa because we have a backrest and saddlebags. I wanna take it to the track someday and open it up but NEVER on the street.

Not to be disrespectful, but if you believe that, then you truly dont get it.

What do you guys and gals think the percent of motorcycle riders who have been 150 mph. I would guess given the number of bikes capable of 150 and the riders willing to go that fast it is probably one or two percent.

I reach 150 on a regular basis on my busa. I I have topped it out at 185 several times. Cant wait to join the 200 mph club :laugh: On the wide open roads of SW Kansas you have no worries if you have a fuzz buster on board.

been 165 and 170 in 4th and 5th gear have a TRE and it's a stretch of highway with sound walls for about a miles so there are no cops.........

I have been past 170 MPH a few times. Once when I had 4 police cars chasing me on a interstate. The police cars turned off their lights about 2 miles down the road after they could not see me no longer. I took a exit and took the long way home.

Another time was I was with a group of sport bike riders and we were going about a 100 MPH and we had the police car and a police helicopter chasing us. We all split and I got the luck of the draw and the helicopter chased me and the police car chased someone else. I went about 170+ and the helicopter trying to stay with me. I took the helicopter to a airport and it could not fly there and I drove to the other side of the airport and got out a different road. I knew he was pissed too.....I was on the news too!!!!

Last time I was riding with friends and we were just horsing around and went 170 MPH for about a mile.....not a biggie.

Last edited:

Well said sir! :laugh:

i live just south of odessa.. 9 mile road is a blast usally last one buys lunch at the hog pit. my buddy almost bit it on the second turn. i dont come in first on my 750 but i dont come in last either! i hit 130 before that last stop sign i was doing 130 which i im comfy with, but ive done 168 gps in my twin chaged (twin turbo with kenne bell) mustang before front end stated shaking.

The year was 2005, I "had" a 2005 ltd. gen 1 busa she sure was pretty.

Anyways out in Odessa Tx. where there is nothing but straight roads for miles, there is a location we like to call 9 mile. This was one of the local racing spots, 9 miles of flat straight road that at that time had 1 entrance and nothing on it.

Anyways I borrowed a friends GPS, little yellow thing don't member what brand, stuck it under the hump and down the road I went.

Friends said I went screamin past em like a freakin rocket.. I wasnt standing there so I don't know. I pegged her out shut her down and went back to see the results.

Turns out that 185 indicated on my '05 busa really was only doing 177.

Now im in Dallas there is no where to do that kinda stuff and honestly there is no place with no traffic. So yeah you arent gonna catch me even trying it here.

Back