What percent of riders have been 150 mph

Touched 180 last week, with a pair of shorts and a helmet.........................
Soo very sorry for your sense of immortality.
Twist the freaking throttle and hang on.

I've done 159 on my busa. On another one, I was up to 185 on the speedo and still accelerating pretty good for another 30 seconds or so before i ran out of road... So I honestly have no idea....

truthfully I have never broken the speed limiter :rofl::rofl: so who knows its limited to 187 in the real world what 175 maybe. I go untill I am in 6th gear and the tach will not go any higher9250 I guess its at. I got more in me to go but that darn limiter, my shrinking effect if you know what I mean is past a stock busa... And I will be the first to say it I am a IDIOT.....:laugh:

Just for FYI a stock gen 1 on the rev limiter in 5th is a true 176 GPS...verified several times with stock gearing.. :whistle: Stock speedo doesn't even come close to being accurate.

I have been up to about 170 on my Ducati and 180 on the Busa (2000, no restriction, without NOS injection). I was scared to death thouygh. I have a personal goal of going 200+ on the Busa (Ducati is limited to like 189 or whatever). Right now my bike is capable of going 201-206mph without the NOS. With the NOS, its estimated it would put down 240-260hp to the rear wheel so bye bye and the speedo only goes to 220 sooo...hmmm. of course I will be doing this all on the track mind you. I think the fastest on the street is probably closer to 160 on both bikes. And yes, most crotch rockets can go that fast, just takes them a lil longer.

ive seen 175 on the speedo on my 06 gsxr 1000, ive had my 09 busa up to 160 on the speedo, but ive only had it a week and a half.

Hey Raydog... on our 00 and 01's gen 1's. There is a top speed limiter on our bikes......but only in 6th gear.
the infamous TRE will trick the ecu into thinking it's in 5th gear all the time....most timing advance and fueling in that gear..i made mine with a switch [homemade] and i like the way it runs with it on. trouble is where we live at altitude our bikes will never go to the rev limiter anyway in 6th. the best i ever did was rev limiter in 5th= 176 gps and only one time did i get about 200-300 more revs in 6th..downhill about a true 180 u'hem with my side bags on ..
Ps my error ....your 00 does NOT have a speed limiter in 6th...started with them in 01.
See ya at the Stampede...

3 month after I got my 99 I pegged the needle at 220.

I know the speedo wasn't correct then, but I know I was doing 198.

The telephone polls looked like a picket fence.

It only took 2 minutes at that speed be for I shut It down.

I just had to give a go.

It wasn't much fun hanging on and laying down as far as I could go under the shield, and

Haven't gone past 110 after that.

Not sure how fast i've been, needle looked buried to me. Stops dead at 185, but I ain't tryin to look at the speedo that fast cuz things can go wrong in a hurry. Been there a few times, been lucky so far; knock on wood....

ok this was not easy but i got a pic with my iphone, dont worry i had an app for that so her it is

and my speedo was corrected and tested via dyno and tx mile traps !

i do 150 goneing to work !!!!!!!!!!!

SWEEET !!! But how did you get to go that fast without turning on the bike ? :laugh:

Back