what is best gearing for busa vs. stock liter bike

treecitybusa

Donating Member
Registered
I was wondering what was the best gearing that you have found against the liter bikes out there. I'm not worrried about the twisties as there is not many where I live.
race.gif

Just hold the dang throttle wide open.
SHOCKED.gif

The stock gearing is just fine against liter bikes. It's not like the Busa needs this and that to keep up with a liter bike. It's just as fast if not faster, definitely smoother and more comfy. Everytime I flick my wrist I'm doin a 100mph in what feels like 2 seconds. Really it does. I flick my wrist look at my tack and then look up and notice the speedo and 98mph really fast in a blink of an eye.

I can't wait to race a Hayabusa and the new K7 1000. Dealer guy told me the 1000 is faster. I don't think so, it probably is if you can keep the nose down. The GSXR 1000 wants to fly.

all i can say is my buddy on a 06 le race an 04 1000rr two week ago when we was leaving the GAP there a long straight on hwy 72 below the dam and when they pass us on the side on the road the 1000rr was about 4 bikes on the busa . they did this 4 times from died stop , rolling 2nd gear and 2 more times.my buddy on the busa can ride it like you stolen it. very very good rider for 30+ years . the guy on the 1000rr races track in he's day . there both are in there 50's..1000rr is 100 pounds lighter then the busa and around the same power. stock vs. stock.

(busabutter @ Aug. 10 2007,01:31) The stock gearing is just fine against liter bikes.  It's not like the Busa needs this and that to keep up with a liter bike.  It's just as fast if not faster, definitely smoother and more comfy.  Everytime I flick my wrist I'm doin a 100mph in what feels like 2 seconds.  Really it does.  I flick my wrist look at my tack and then look up and notice the speedo and 98mph really fast in a blink of an eye.

I can't wait to race a Hayabusa and the new K7 1000.  Dealer guy told me the 1000 is faster.  I don't think so, it probably is if you can keep the nose down.  The GSXR 1000 wants to fly.
Sorry busabutter but a late model stock GSXR1000 will eat a stock Busa's lunch in the short run. Just the way it is. The Busa will get them up top, but if you wanna get them down low then go 16-42. Now it's a different ball game jmho..
wink.gif

(Learjett @ Aug. 10 2007,19:34)
(busabutter @ Aug. 10 2007,01:31) The stock gearing is just fine against liter bikes.  It's not like the Busa needs this and that to keep up with a liter bike.  It's just as fast if not faster, definitely smoother and more comfy.  Everytime I flick my wrist I'm doin a 100mph in what feels like 2 seconds.  Really it does.  I flick my wrist look at my tack and then look up and notice the speedo and 98mph really fast in a blink of an eye.

I can't wait to race a Hayabusa and the new K7 1000.  Dealer guy told me the 1000 is faster.  I don't think so, it probably is if you can keep the nose down.  The GSXR 1000 wants to fly.
Sorry busabutter but a late model stock GSXR1000 will eat a stock Busa's lunch in the short run.  Just the way it is.  The Busa will get them up top, but if you wanna get them down low then go 16-42.  Now it's a different ball game jmho..  
wink.gif
wouldn't that make it easier for the 1k to keep up on the top? Just curious

(Learjett @ Aug. 10 2007,19:34)

Sorry busabutter but a late model stock GSXR1000 will eat a stock Busa's lunch in the short run.  Just the way it is.  The Busa will get them up top, but if you wanna get them down low then go 16-42.  Now it's a different ball game jmho..  
wink.gif
wouldn't that make it easier for the 1k to keep up on the top? Just curious

yes it would be very close but how often is a race decided on top end runs ,

a easy way around it all is nos , no gear changes needed.

(BusaCruise @ Aug. 17 2007,00:31) hmmm  an 18/38 combo produces a very interesting set of numbers...
10500rpm = 177mph in 4th?
Only if you have the power to push that ...
wink.gif

Yeah, I have been wondering about gearing too. I am about to do a chain and sprocket change anyway and figured it would be a good time to try new gearing. I hit the highways a lot, so I don't want the bike to feel like it's being wound up more then it already is in 6th gear just cruising along. I do want a little more punch down low though. I really don't want to mess with the front sprocket at all. How would a 17/42 combo work out? Anyone else running this?

Back