What Front Stand? Forklift or steering stem?

PJ267

Registered
Want to remove front wheel, which stand is the best Steering stem or forklift. And how easy to remove wheel. Need to replace fender. Thanks

x2 pitbull stem lift. Its not hard you will have to un-bolt your calipers 2 12mm bolts per side. fashion together a 24mm hex from a bolt of just buy the tool. losen the right side allen bolts 6mm then once you have them loose use the 24mm to take out the axle sleeve and once that is out loosen the other side's 6mm allens and i should fall right out. if you plan to take the fender out there is a brake line hole on the right hand side that could knick your fork tubes so i drill out the 2 rivets that hold it in place and just do with out it.

without a doubt, stem stand. The ONLY problem with a stem stand is getting it in there if the bike is lowered in the front.

without a doubt, stem stand. The ONLY problem with a stem stand is getting it in there if the bike is lowered in the front.

Yup, +1
You dont need to take off the front tire to change the fender

Not sure if i asked you this before, do you ever go to Sams bakery for meat pies?

Last edited:
Love the Lg. meats. Theres a couple of little hotties that work there at the front counter! :thumbsup:

Love the Lg. meats. Theres a couple of little hotties that work there at the front counter! :thumbsup:

You are such a SNAPPER hound!

I think you ment there are a couple little hotties that Love the Large Meats at the front counter, eh?

:laugh:

IMO the pit bull convertable front stand is the best and most versitile front stand available. It's a bit spendy but comes in two pieces. You can use it as a fork stand which is by far the easiest application, or you can attach the pin lift and lift your bike by the hole in the triple tree. I have one and it's awfully handy when it's time to remove the forks or fender etc.

Yeah, the stand is not needed to replace the fender, but I am a fan of the PitBull stem stand.

Back