Still up in the air about stands

It is a very tight fit though, and it uses the #6 adapter (I'm pretty sure on that, but double-check).
Number 6 pin is the one that Pit Bull says the Busa uses. I'm curious... how tight a fit is it? From pictures is looks like it touches the nose.
It is very close, and if you don't have the pin seated all the way in, it will push up on the nose of the Busa (baaaad).

I had problems getting it in (NO JOKES PLEASE), until I put a little lube on the pin (OK, YOU CAN JOKE NOW).  I used a little WD-40.

It does take a little bit of fiddling, getting the pin at the right angle, but once you do it a couple of times, it's no big deal.  If you really wanted to be careful, put an old cloth on the front fender.

When I first got it, it didn't "lock", so I was wondering how the hell it would lift the bike.  I think it needs to be loaded in order for it to lift the bike.  It's a well built stand.  I'll purchase a Pit-Bull rear stand shortly because I'm so impressed with the quality.

Good luck.
Do you have any pics to show how close?
I don't have pics, but it's maybe a centimeter. A pic would be hard to see.

It's easy to put a towel down on the front fender to prevent scratches.

It is a very tight fit though, and it uses the #6 adapter (I'm pretty sure on that, but double-check).
Number 6 pin is the one that Pit Bull says the Busa uses. I'm curious... how tight a fit is it? From pictures is looks like it touches the nose.
It is very close, and if you don't have the pin seated all the way in, it will push up on the nose of the Busa (baaaad).

I had problems getting it in (NO JOKES PLEASE), until I put a little lube on the pin (OK, YOU CAN JOKE NOW).  I used a little WD-40.

It does take a little bit of fiddling, getting the pin at the right angle, but once you do it a couple of times, it's no big deal.  If you really wanted to be careful, put an old cloth on the front fender.

When I first got it, it didn't "lock", so I was wondering how the hell it would lift the bike.  I think it needs to be loaded in order for it to lift the bike.  It's a well built stand.  I'll purchase a Pit-Bull rear stand shortly because I'm so impressed with the quality.

Good luck.
Do you have any pics to show how close?
I don't have pics, but it's maybe a centimeter.  A pic would be hard to see.  

It's easy to put a towel down on the front fender to prevent scratches.
Just for the sake of conversation is you bike at stock height? I would be scared to run it in there if it was that tight. But then again I have my spring preload about maxed right now so might be OK. Ironic really, because I would want the Stem stand to remove the forks so I could do new springs in the front. Catch 22.

bigoltool,
It is stock height. Another thing you could do would be to remove the fender. Although the fender on my bike is a serious pain in the A$$ to remove.

I'm lost here guys. With a stem lift, is it the fender or nose that is tight? Pictures make the nose look close to hitting the lift not the fender. What am I missing?

At stock height, there's no problem getting a stem lift in. It's just a bit tight.

Bought 3/4 electrical conduit used a pipe bender made my own. Patterned it after the suzuki ones. Cost me about 12.00.
Sounds interesting. How did you attach wheels? Got any pics?

cool.gif
Sorry, don't know how to post pics. Bought my wheels at home depot, welded wheels to frame, same location as the Zuk stand. Looks and works just like the Zuk stand. Even painted it red, to match my bike, 04LE.

Another way of looking at this would be:

Under what circumstances would you need to lift the bike using a stem stand?

If it's maintenance related, then would you already have to remove the front anyway right? (Forks, brake lines, etc.).

If you want to get the front wheel off the ground, a regular stand would be faster/easier.

I cant help but stare at my Motovation Frame sliders and postulate about using them for this roll! They are sturdy as hell and would then provide unfettered access to everything Steering head included! Anybody ever tried something along those lines?

I don't know what the Motovation Frame sliders look like, but unless they're notched in some fashion, I wouldn't try it, otherwise whatever you're using to hold them up might slip off (I'm assuming they're Delrin).

The stem stand is a very positive fit.

I think Juggler has pretty much covered the pitbull stands. I have both front and rear pitbull and love the quality. I have the front stem stand from pitbull & the rear stand that allows spools or swingarm support...nice option if you have different bikes. And yes it is a No#6 pin - if you buy a stand with the wrong pin, give them a call and they should exchange it for free...atleast they did for me.

Secondly, make sure your front stand is centerd perfectly to your Nose, and not your tire when using the stem stand When I line it up this way I have No clearence issues what so ever, but an inch off to either side and it will put pressure on your nose.

Im glad I made the investment in the pitbull stands. Very stable, and allows you to do a few things that other non-stem stands cant - like being able to remove the fron tire, which believe it or not is a biggie! want new rubber, put your bike on the pitbulls and take your wheels off yourself and only pay $30 - 50 / ride the bike into the shop to do a change and your talking some serious coin that could be spent on cigs, dogfood, and a tank of gas or 2.

Last point is when your bike is on the front and rear stand, do not sit on the bike. pitbull states this, so use caution. If your using the rear stand, go ahead and sit on it and practice your knee dragging all night long.

I have the pitbull front and rear stands, but I went with the fork lift for the front stand instead of the triple tree lift. I have no problems lifting the bike by myself.

A couple of warnings about the PitBull Front Converter (forklift to stem) stand: 1) You can't fit the pin into the lower triple clamp without removing the front fender; 2) You can't remove the forks because where the converter attaches to the stand is exactly where the Forks need to drop. Had to resort to the scissor jack trick to remove the forks.

-PR

Back