Pit bull stand

stlbusarider

Donating Member
Registered
I just recieved a used front triple tree stand from Pit bull. I have the right pin and was wondering if anyone has any pics on the right way to install and lift. I'm attempting to remove the forks and reseal. All help is appreciated. Thanks!

I don't remember which way it goes, but I put mine in the wrong way the first time. It will only work one way so just give it a try and reverse it if it doesn't work. It is very close on a stock height front end.

Yes. No trying to be a wise guy but you do know that you have to use a rear stand also. I know this is redundant, but I didn't know if you knew.

It's alright, yeah I have the rear stand all ready to go. It's just confusing me how the pivot bar at the top will hold itself up with the bike on it. This is the old model (I assume) with a removable arm at the top.

here's a pic hope it helps

stand.JPG

I think I figured it out. Is it the tight fit of the pin on the triple clamp that holds the bar level? I'll give it a try tommorow. Thanks for the help.

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 06 2007,21:03) I've never used that one  
all_coholic.gif
I've never even SEEN that one
wow.gif

I suspect its a cantilever with the posture of the "frame" that holds the lever in negative aspect. I guess
rock.gif

So I tried to get it to work and the upper bar hits the head light before the pin lines up. Any ideas, or do I just need to buy a new one.

I've never seen that one either. Mine is called the "new front stand". Now I understand the reason for the "new".

(Dennis @ Aug. 08 2007,00:37) I've never seen that one either.  Mine is called the "new front stand".  Now I understand the reason for the "new".
Same here. not sure how that stand should work.

(stlbusarider @ Aug. 06 2007,20:31) here's a pic hope it helps
I think you have it backwards.
I have that same stand.
Try the base pointing the other way (in your picture) relative to the bar - pin towords the bike, stand legs towords the bike, wheels forward).
You should be able to put the pin into your fork, then rotate the base under it (base legs toword the back of the bike, wheels forward) and pull forward. the forward motion of the stand will be lifting the bike (stand wheels rolling) as you do till the aft pointing stand legs hit the ground.

...and as has been noted, don't forget to have it already supported on the rear stand so it won't tip.

- John

see my slightly elaborated instructions above.

Also note that the pin-bar clearance is very tight on a Busa for this type of lift. Pit Bull notes that on their web site. I have about 1/8 inch clearance between nose and bar on my '00.

Also pull the front fender off first (before lifting) if you were planning to remove that.

I insert the pin with the bar off centerline by about 20 degrees (ie, stand in front of the bike and put in the pin with the bar pointing off to the left or right of the wheel centerline by about 20 degrees so it clears the front fender), then once its in, I rotate the bar to centerline. I then rotate the base under it, slip the bar in the base slot, and then rotate the base to lift the bike.

.... hard to describe in words.

Back