Front Redline Stand

V-Max 2 Busa

Registered
After buying the front & rear Redline stands somehow I acquired the impression that you cannot remove the front wheel with that type of stand (I believe I read it somewhere in this forum) so I went ahead and purchased the Pit Bull headshock stand which I'm having trouble with (made the bike fall off the rear stand) so my question is can you remove the front wheel on the Busa using the Redline front stand or not?

The general rule of thumb is that if it lifts the front by the forks, the tire won't come off - and if it does it won't be easy by any means.

You can easily remove the front wheel with the front redline stand in place.  I have the redline swivel stands front and rear and have removed the front tire many times with no issues at all.  Installing it is just as easy as taking it off.  I also bought the pitbull headstock stand too so I can do fork maintenance.

I put jack stands under the front forks and take the front wheel off all the time. I'm sure it would be easier with a stand under there.

--Wag--

IMHO?

Rule#1...while you can definantly use a front stand in conjunction with a rear stand?...

it is NOT ADVISABLE to use headstock stands in conjuction with rear stands.

oh it can be done...but headstock stands are typically exclusive to operations requiring fork removal...while front stands are typically exclusive to wheel removal...and the well equiped garage will have "BOTH"...or better yet?...a bike lift!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

IMHO?

Rule#1...while you can definantly use a front stand in conjunction with a rear stand?...

it is NOT ADVISABLE to use headstock stands in conjuction with rear stands.

oh it can be done...but headstock stands are typically exclusive to operations requiring fork removal...while front stands are typically exclusive to wheel removal...and the well equiped garage will have "BOTH"...or better yet?...a bike lift!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Bill, well that's really odd seems it says on the Pit Bull stand "ONLY TO BE USED WITH A REAR STAND ALREADY IN PLACE" plus I have heard from several folks that they attempted to use this stand by itself only to have the bike fall over on it's side.

Also odd that there are conflicting views on being able to remove front wheel using stands that lift from bottom of the forks, some say definetly no, and some say sure no problem, hhhmmmmmm.

For those of you with the redline front stand, I just got mine today. Do I simply stick the threaded section of the stand into the bottom of the fork tubes?? I didn't want to scratch up the bottom of my fork tubes and stand, and it almost appears as if maybe I need something on the threaded pieces that go into the hole in the bottom of the fork.

Can someone help me out?
beerchug.gif

I have LP Racing rear spool, and head stock stands. I use them together all the time. I've never had a problem getting the front off the ground to work on the forks and wheel. The rear stand has never moved or slid while putting the front stand up. The large wheels on the front stand allow the stand to move under the bike with ease when I lift her up. With the Busa on both LP stands it would take a pretty heafty impact to move it or knock it over. Much more stable than the side stand.

If the bike is falling off the rear stand it wouldn't be a very sturdy stand for maintainence. I would be looking for a different rear stand if that was happening.

You know I had one of those Craftsman ATV stands all along and never even thought about trying to use it on the Busa, By the way I'll correct the incorrect statement about not being able to use the front Redline stands for wheel removal, complete nonsense, easy as pie, no problems whatsoever.

Also odd that there are conflicting views on being able to remove front wheel using stands that lift from bottom of the forks, some say definetly no, and some say sure no problem, hhhmmmmmm.
Yes, you can remove the front wheel while the bike is on the fork stands. I peronally don't do that because I'd rather have something that is holding the bike off the ground, not something that the bike is resting on by the tips of the forks.

Mine is on my Craftsman ATV/Motorcycle stand right now awaiting my forks and rear spring and swingarm install. Went up perfect, has a lock to take the stress off the bottle jack and then you can even wheel it around the floor. Has D-rings to use your canyon dancers and ratchet strap on the rear.

Back