Front Stands?

ericridebike

Registered
Never used front stands & wanted some imput on them. Any preference between the fork-lift ones and the kind that lift from the steering stem? I've got a Pit Bull rear stand, so I'll most likely stick with same brand, cause they seen pretty bullet proof. I know their website says the for the steering stem one it is a "close fit". Wanted to get advice from fellow Busa riders before I order anything.

-Eric

I have both...I almost always use the fork lift one.

If you lower your bike, the other type will not work.

Pit Bull :thumbsup:

+1 on a lowered bike the stem type is of no use...it mashes up the panel under the nose.

pit bull use pins or rubber pads on the front forks?

Pit Bull..."Fork Lift" front stand :beerchug:

F0015-000SM.jpg

F0015-000LG.jpg

Last edited:
I got the one that lifts from the stem cause I thought it would be more versatile but it's such a close fit between the nose and the fender that it's kind of a pain. I wish I'd gotten the fork lift.

Pit Bull good stand. CycleCat sooo much easier to lift and more secure because of design. Works super with aftermarket front fender. :laugh:

IMG_0343.jpg

glad i read this i was about to buy the stem stand and it wouldnt have worked

good looking out guys

:thumbsup:

on a side note what is a good stand to take weight off the front suspension?

Pit Bull good stand. CycleCat sooo much easier to lift and more secure because of design. Works super with aftermarket front fender. :laugh:
I think that means you can not leave the stock fender in place with the cycle cat stand... I remember last year when they closed out the C.Cat stands at like $40.. (must remove front fender) :)

I use the Fork Lift Pitbull stand and I always put my bike up on the stands when I am done riding. I only have one problem with the Pitbull stand, The busa is so heavy I replace the rubber pads 3 times a year.

I have a redline front and pit bull forward facing rear.

Both are good stands.

Redline is a sponsor here and has good products.

Whatever you choose.....never use the front stand without having the rear on a stand first.:rulez:

I find it much easier to lift it with the winch on the ceiling~!~ :whistle:

Did it last night to raise the fork tubes and links back up

I'll try to get a pic...

Just thought of another question. I know you have to put the rear stand on before the front one. But could you put the bike in one of the floor mounted wheel chocks that hold the bike upright by the front wheel, then put it up on a rear stand too? Just curious.

I ride my bike up on my Lift table which has a front wheel chock/vise. Get off the bike and tighten up the vise, then lift the rear with my Pitbull, then loosen the vise. I also have the front fork PitBull and the Stem attachment for the same stand. Depends on what kind of work i am doing to the front end on which one i use.
I do agree with having to change the red fork stand pads on my Pitbull...they get smushed easily with the busa.

For general cleaning, maintenance or tire change the Redline stands work great for me, pic below shows stand in use (not my bike).

Industrial_Front_LRG.jpg

hayabusa_320_kit.jpg

Back