Help with install please

The Oracle

Registered
I received my new kevlar lines, and it appears that the two for the front are supposed to go directly from the M/C (because of the length), instead of one to the right side, and then a line looping over the front fender from the right side to the left caliper (as the stock ones do).

But, there are no clamps for the new route...  Did you guys who did this mod just use the existing far left clamp on the front fender??

And, I only have a Pit Bull forklift front stand (not a stem stand), so, how do I tell if I have enough to fully extend the forks during wheelies and such?

don't know about that brand I install Speigel lines
yes they are also two lines for the front but I know the are long enough.
as far as clamps if the customer wants I install custom ones if not they are on their own.
Remember time=money

don't know about that brand I install Speigel lines
yes they are also two lines for the front but I know the are long enough.
as far as clamps if the customer wants I install custom ones if not they are on their own.
Remember time=money
thanks man... I am doing it myself and will try and jerry-rig something.

-Vaughn.

duct tape worked great... And, I had a hole in one of the lines, so I used duct tape on that too! This stuff is EXCELLENT!

jump9.gif

You are supposed to put some chewed up bubble gum over the hole in the line to get a better seal, then wrap it in place with the duct tape which pushes the gum in the hole. Stupid noobies.

Its Hubba Bubba, has the best pressure loading qualities due to the high quantity of resin. Good stuff, also good for patching tires
smile.gif

daggon rear banjo bolts that came with lines didn't fit exactly right... I couldn't tighten by hand... So, of course I cranked 'em in anyway with wrench... Some strips of aluminum crept out of threads...

sad.gif

Was able to bleed them and the test drive went well... I hope they don't leak or anything... Sheesh, nothing comes easily to me!

daggon rear banjo bolts that came with lines didn't fit exactly right...  I couldn't tighten by hand...  So, of course I cranked 'em in anyway with wrench...  Some strips of aluminum crept out of threads...

sad.gif

Was able to bleed them and the test drive went well...  I hope they don't leak or anything...  Sheesh, nothing comes easily to me!
some strips of aluminum came outa 'em.....yuk....

you asked about length of line for wheelie's an such...
one of yer buddies stands on the bottom of the front wheel,2 other buddies atempt to military press yer handle bars,yer not gonna pull the front suspension out much more than this. Qwik N' easy....

Hope the "LOSS OF METAL" thing works out OK .

I'll say a prayer for ya.....

daggon rear banjo bolts that came with lines didn't fit exactly right...  I couldn't tighten by hand...  So, of course I cranked 'em in anyway with wrench...  Some strips of aluminum crept out of threads...

sad.gif

Was able to bleed them and the test drive went well...  I hope they don't leak or anything...  Sheesh, nothing comes easily to me!
some strips of aluminum came outa 'em.....yuk....

you asked about length of line for wheelie's an such...
one of yer buddies stands on the bottom of the front wheel,2 other buddies atempt to military press yer handle bars,yer not gonna pull the front suspension out much more than this. Qwik N' easy....

Hope the "LOSS OF METAL" thing works out OK .

I'll say a prayer for ya.....
Thanks bro... You are always there for me.

Have a good night, and have a room temperature Sambuka for me! I will have a pint of Guinness for you!

* holding mug in air *

"Cheers man!"

Back