What do you tell him?

He's 78yrs old. I wouldn't worry, not like he's going to pull a wheelie to impress girls!!
tounge.gif

Let him have some fun!!!
biggrin.gif

You would be surprised, 78 year old guys are dogs just like the rest of us. once he gets used to it he will be showing off to the lady's
biggrin.gif

I know this because I just have a conversation with my mother (hack hack) about some male friend of hers (gag) who is I think 78 and is wanting it (barf) all the time (I want to throw up right now) my mom got way to personal and shared way to much with me (gag) but she was depressed and I had to give her someone to (hack) talk to.

At the end of the conversation she asks “does this bother you me talking to you about thisâ€￾ and I said.. well uhh yeah, but I am listening.

Dang, all these posts and I didn’t see one person recommend MAKING him take a motorcycle safety course.

Try to find him a real good in depth one. And if he has the finances, see if he can find a track somewhere and get an instructor to spend a day with him on a track.

Between a motorcycle safety course and a day or two on a track with a professional instructor, that is about the best you can do. the rest is up to him and his current testosterone levels
biggrin.gif

Good luck and welcome to the board

biggrin.gif

I lived in Memphis for years, and I know just want you are saying about the driving there. They drive like maniacs, just make sure he's careful. My mom still lives there and tells me everytime I talk to her how bad they drive there.

Welcome, first of all...
smile.gif

I was floored when I went to take the MSF course that one of the guys sitting in class had just turned 70 and was about to learn to ride for the very first time. He looked like a biker already, but he was a newbie...he's in my neighborhood and has been having a blast while riding...he's not in to sport bikes, but that man has traveled more than I could ever hope to on two wheels since he started riding...he's got to be 74 or 75 now...

Encourage your Dad to take the MSF class as a refresher...if he's not going for the speed, he'll do fine as long as he respects his ride...it honestly doesn't take long at all to realize the power of the Busa and how to handle it...

I wish him luck...my grandfather was about 80 when I started riding...I could see in his eyes how badly he wanted to go riding too...he used to be a biker...I'd rather see someone able to go out and try over seeing someone that wants to so much it hurts, but their body won't let 'em...let him enjoy the ride and encourage the class...it's a start...
smile.gif

smile.gif

Obviously, the old dude got tired of tippy toeing through life trying to reach death safely, so he bought himself a BUSA!

Kool Dude!

Welcome to the board and sounds like you have a cool dad. Tell him to be safe.

Tell him to be careful but ENJOY! I hope I'm still alive at 78, riding a Busa would be a bonus. The other day I stopped with a couple friends at our local dealer to window shop. One of the guys with us is into fast toys, but rides a cruiser because he feels he is too old for a sportbike-he in his mid forties. We rib him about it quite a bit. As we come back out to our bikes, we see a man well into his seventies checking out our bikes. As we get closer he moves over to a tricked out Gixxer 1K that had parked next to us. He slaps on his Rocket jacket and gloves, flings a leg over it and takes off. Guess some of us never outgrow it. And I thought he was just checking out the young bucks' toys. Hell, he was sizing up the competition. Oh yeah, my forty-something buddy's jaw was on the ground, and we will never let him live it down.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110574120 -->

If anything else, ask dad if you can borrow the keys to the bike someday
biggrin.gif

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming….. WOW!.....WHAT A RIDE!!!!!!â€￾

cool.gif

I'd tell him to have fun and be careful,

and then I'd ask him if he wants to go for a ride
biggrin.gif

But you asked, not him, so I'd say to you that if he is of sound mind and body, you should keep your nose out of it
tounge.gif

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming….. WOW!.....WHAT A RIDE!!!!!!â€￾[/QUOTE]

Exactly...!  
wink.gif

Back