Fallen Brother

Thank you for sharing your grief with us, Buddy. As a retired police officer, I too have lost brothers and sisters in arms. That he was a motorcyclist and motor officer makes it that much more profound and personal. I'm so sorry for his family's, and your loss. Doyle

Deepest condolences. So sad. So sad that someone who is trying to help meets such a sad end at such a young age and at no fault of their own; he was just simply trying to help someone else. Just not right. Prayers sent and RIP.

When GOD punches your ticket, there's no making deals.......Prayers for those that are surviving his passing......

post-6-44059-fallen_riderz.jpg

so sorry to hear about your friend and fellew officer....up here where I live we have a fallen officers ride every year in honor of our locals...3 years ago I took it apon myself to get all of the local sport bike guys involved in the ride....the locals now know us and we dont get harrassed as much, and also we are giving back to our comunity in honor of the fallen officers...every year it grows by 50-75 bikes....the harly crowd seems to respect us alot more now too...:beerchug:Thomas Roberts and Bryan Verkler Mishawaka PD Indiana...

Just as planned, I went for a ride yesterday afternoon in remembrance of Terry Adams. It was very peaceful. The Busa was mission ready. She stepped up to the plate and ran smoother and stronger than ever before. I jokingly pondered the thought that maybe somehow this 500 pound piece of metal, fiberglas, and rubber, understood the meaning of this ride.

I want to thank everyone on behalf of Terry, his family, and friends, for the replies on this thread. I'll share these posts with them and I'm sure they'll be touched because I sure am.

Buddy Dowdy

Just Awful ! People drive around asleep I think, wish everyne was on bikes so they would get it. I saw two "deep" red lights this week already..... Killed by inattentive driver, so sad.

Best wishes for you.
Officer Terry Adams, May he RIP and my most sincere wishes to his family.

We all may not like the PD when were getting pulled over, but none the less he was a fellow 2 wheel rider. Also from what was posted, a VERY trusted friend (another man riding your Busa is a VERY good friend). Those type of guys just don't come along every day. Sorry to hear that your fellow officer is down.

It really sucks that some people just don't pay attention when they drive.

I hope your ride was long and filled with great memories of your friend and fellow brother in blue!

Last edited:
It is important for me to say that I have no ill feelings for the guy who was involved in the accident with Terry. It was an accident, pure and simple. Yes, he could have been paying more attention, but we've all been guilty of being careless from time to time. Look at all the drivers talking on cell phones, texting, adjusting the radio, etc. We've all pulled out in front of someone, ran a light or stop sign. But by the grace of GOD, the consequences are minimal most of the time.

Terry's family and friends will have to live with loss, but I know the other guy will have his own issues to deal with. When we pray for Terry's family, please mention the other driver too. I know in my heart that he wishes he could re-live the split second that caused Terry his life. We cannot un-ring that bell. I also know in my heart that Terry would forgive this man and want us to forgive him also.

We'll bury our brother Monday at 11:00 AM.

Buddy Dowdy

Back