Fallen Brother

bdowdy

Registered
I am a police officer in Tifton, GA. Today, Officer Terry Adams, a friend and fellow officer, was killed while he was answering a call on his Harley Road King. Another Officer had called for backup and Officer Adams was on his way to help with blue lights and siren activated. A truck pulled out in front of him and Officer Adams hit the vehicle on the driver's side door. The EMT's and the emregency room personnel did their very best, but they could not save him.

Officer Adams loved motorcycles, especially sport bikes. He had owned several over the years, and really liked the Busa and CBR 1000. I let Terry ride my Busa a couple of weeks ago (that's a clue as to how much I liked him) and he kidded me saying that I was an old man (45) and he'd buy the Busa from me when I realized I was too old for it. He was a good guy.

Officer Terrell L. Adams was 38 years old, a husband, a father, and a good friend. He'd been on the force with us 8 years. I miss him.

This is a reminder of how fast things can go wrong. Even with his emergency equipment activated, it is apparent the driver of the truck just didn't see him.

Now fellow Busa riders, I'm going home from work to take the Busa for a ride in Terry's honor. He'd like that.

Major Buddy Dowdy
Tifton Police Department

I'm very sorry for your loss!
I know sometimes i shud bit a more careful!!!!!!
May he rest in peace and be forever happy!

I'm very sorry to hear that about your fellow officer and friend. My thoughts are also with his family and friends tonight.

That was a beautiful post for your friend and brother. My sympathies for your loss and for his family.

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manner of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.
John Donne - 1572/1631

RIP Officer Terry Adams

Sorry for the loss of your friend. My prayers for the friends and family of the fallen officer. My family is from Vienna, Ga., and I have several cousins who are Dooley county leo's. This is sad news indeed. RIP officer Adams.

Very sorry to hear about this tragedy. Thanks to Officer Adams for his service. Rest In Peace, brother.

This such a shock because my wife and I were at ABAC. She was in the ABAC police office when they heard about it. She was getting her parking permit for school and heard about the accident but we had no idea how bad it was. We're so sorry and prayers go out to the family and you. Don't know whatelse to say. I didn't know him even though we only live 25 miles from tifton in Norman Park. Sorry man.

Wonderful words for a wonderful person. Thank you for your service to your community Officer Adams. Godspeed on your journey. My condolences to the family & friends left behind.

Back