What do you fellow bus riders think?

willgetbusa

Registered
rode my bus to vegas on friday (roughly 500 miles one way) and everything went well until i reach vegas. with the combination of the 115 degree heat and traffic jam, the bus overheated. i decided to turn off the engine while waiting at the lights but when i started back up, i noticed it was harder to start and maintain idle. when i shut it off the second time, the bus cranked but won't start at all. luckily, i was at the door steps of the hotel's parking garage.

is it normal for the busa to do that in extreme heat?

is it the computer preventing the engine from starting and idling due to the over heating for safety reasons?

once the bus cooled off, it started right up w/o any issues.

any ideas/comments/tips would be appreciated!

If I rember right, some of the members who live in Arizona deal with stuff like that.

When I was riding there in Phoenix last year it was a beotch.

Combination of high heat, traffic, and Arizona having laws against lane splitting, you are just stuck in traffic toasting in your leathers and th bike over heating.

If you are not going to be in hot weather often, just be cautious.

If you do plan on it, I think there is some stuff called Engine Ice that people have use that is supposed to be pretty good.

I also just recently saw a post where someone added a second fan on the right side of the radiator.

So if you used Engine Ice AND a second fan, you would probably be good to go in hot weather.

just my .02

i can sit for only a few minutes in traffic here in arizona, its way freakin hot now, im gonna go to a muzzy fan and some better coolant. but like anything that overheats it gonna run like crap if at all. imo

rode my bus to vegas on friday (roughly 500 miles one way) and everything went well until i reach vegas. with the combination of the 115 degree heat and traffic jam, the bus overheated. i decided to turn off the engine while waiting at the lights but when i started back up, i noticed it was harder to start and maintain idle. when i shut it off the second time, the bus cranked but won't start at all. luckily, i was at the door steps of the hotel's parking garage.

is it the computer preventing the engine from starting and idling due to the over heating for safety reasons?

In which hotel are you staying?

Traffic jams will do that, but you must have gotten jammed on the strip or I-15...there are other roads that could help you get moving more.

Are you feeling safe leaving your bike at the hotel?

I have had mine creep up high on the temp here in Phoenix. Right now the monsoons are starting and temps are reaching 118 degrees. I sometimes have to shut the bike off long before it starts to creep up. I also have let the fan cycle on without the engine running to cool the coolant in the radiator then turn the engine on for a few seconds to circulate it.

We're now hitting 110 here in the high desert in california. Supposed to get to 113 today. I ususally have no issues other than the Busa idling slightly lower after I've been running her hard on the interstate.

rode my bus to vegas on friday (roughly 500 miles one way) and everything went well until i reach vegas.  with the combination of the 115 degree heat and traffic jam, the bus overheated.  i decided to turn off the engine while waiting at the lights but when i started back up, i noticed it was harder to start and maintain idle.  when i shut it off the second time, the bus cranked but won't start at all.  luckily, i was at the door steps of the hotel's parking garage.  

In which hotel are you staying?

Traffic jams will do that, but you must have gotten jammed on the strip or I-15...there are other roads that could help you get moving more.

Are you feeling safe leaving your bike at the hotel?
we're home already but we were at bally's.

the jam started on i-15 all the way to the strip that friday afternoon.

Back