What do yall think about the 08 zx10..

mikev7

Registered
If you dont know, Its being consistantly proven that the 08 zx10r is faster to 180 than both the bus 08 bus and the 14. After 180 what is there ya know? Ive read it in mags and seen videos of the 10 smoking the big bikes by more than a hair length.. What yall thinks??

Comment awayyyy...

got a buddy with a 10 that thought the same thing until i pulled him 3 bikes in in 1st gear. he thought my plate was a joke & he kept on & on until we raced(in a straight line). i let him have the hit when he got ready. it was over before it started.

the mags dont mean a thing in real life!

busa_pics_013.jpg

saygbye is right. Nobody races magazines and wins. Out in the real world most of these "Aces", wether they're on literbikes or busas/14's, that think they're fast can't do a high 11 second run at a dragstrip let along anything in the high 9's. Not many are too familure with power shifting through the gears when doing little highway contests and that's providing they don't get limp wristed when the speedo reads beyond 150mph. That's why you see plenty of youtube vids of 800-900rwhp Turbo vipers and Supras beating noobs and average riders on 1000's or busa's. Wringing the full potential of a sportbike even in just a 80-180mph run isn't as simple as tucking in and banging gears as some say. And when a good rider keeps the bike ahead or right on the cars door, they think the bike was modded further, car had trouble, or can't plain figure out the difference a good rider makes.

Next year the New gixxer 1k will probably be king unless yamaha shocks us with a better R1. And after that it'll be kawi or honda again. 1000's are updating on a scale that rivals personal computers. Every few months somethings faster. Been the same way with 600's for quite awhile. The busa and Zx-14 are all out "Flagship" models. A all around showcase of what manufacturers can do when theres no race rules to deal with. Both the busa and 14 are heavily neutered compared to what they could be. Motors in both have alot more ability for further tuning then the 1k's and not just in turbo charging. Not to mention the chassis factor. Yes the kawi is faster to 180mph, but I'm betting it's stability at those speeds are pale compared to the GT bikes. More comfortable aero's on the busa and 14 as well compared to the flyscreen 10. I rode with a few 1000's and busa's and even a zx-12 few seasons ago and at a few long intervels of spirited runs the went beyond 160mph to our cornering destination, the literbike guys were ready for a break after being beat around by poor aero's for just that little time. Bigger bike guys were just warmed up and ready to keep playing.

Unless Richard Gadson is on the ZX10, I'm not worried about it. The torque and length of the Busa will steal the race at the starting line if you know how to ride.

i'da got a 10 this last time 'round (an 07 leftover) and now they're super cheap, like $8ooo, iirc.
just too damn uncomfy, imo

I don't really care if they are faster than my busa or not.. I say try riding 500 miles in one day on a 10. you'll be BEGGING to get on a busa.

just my .02, but I didn't desire a busa for as long as I did because it was the "fastest bike in the world"... I wanted it because of it's style and look First.. and power second. I am a rather large individual, so it was no question.. I look like a Monkey riding a football on my ZX 11, but the busa fits me like a glove.. so it's all good.
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Those damn magazines just keep us wanting more.
guns.gif
I have the article that test all the fastest bikes and yes they gave the kawi 1000 the nod. I think it's still a apples vs oranges debate. All the new 1k are pure track bikes. Sure you can ride them on the street but they are geared for the track. Hard, slim seats with small windscreens and a close ratio trany that will hit 100+ mph in first gear.

bikes are like computers, every time you turn around they have something new and improved and being pumped as being the best ever. My take on that is who really cares!! Unless you have more money than sense you could spend the rest of your life chasing your tail. Find what fits you and stick with it is my opinion. The busa is already at the brink of being insanely fast and when it comes down to it, most street duels on bikes are going to come down to who's the best rider, same story at the local drag strip as well.

I'll stick with the busa, it's more comfortable and better looking, at least in my opinion, and I'm the one that has to ride it, not some writer from a magazine.

Only thing I think about is my bike
smile.gif
Until that day comes when / if I ever sell it, then I will start thinking about other bikes
tounge.gif

It's threads like this that make me say about the 2nd gen "update"...

To little...way late

Shoulda been 200rwh and the bus should have gotten regular tweak updates every couple years
as in brakes etc. like the other gxrs

I know I know
deadhorse.gif

I look back when the Busa was designed, the design team made a bike that left no 'Fn doubt who was king,
no one else even close, no arguments, killed a flea with a sledge hammer...a very large sledge hammer.

That design team is long gone as is their philosophy...this one counts pennies, and we get a mild upgrade and get beaten by a zx 10.

The best thing we shoulda done was put down the hommie brand kool-aid, not buy the '08s and tell zuk to stick it up there arse until they give us a real update (and take off that but ugly tail). Let the new busa sales take a dive, then the penny pinchers might break out the sledge hammer again.

rant.gif

funny how you never hear the busa killer being a zx10 alot of things come down to rider... if you love the bike you ride why the hell do you need to dawg someone elses choice, all bikes have good points
deadhorse.gif
to them
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

When I went from my zx12 to an 05 zx10 I enjoyed it for a while. The handling is great and it is a fierce ride. But after a while I missed the smoothness of the 12. I picked up a Busa because it seemed silly to get another 12. I can't see getting another 1000 given how limted they are...especially the curent crop.

It's threads like this that make me say about the 2nd gen "update"...

To little...way late  

Shoulda been 200rwh and the bus should have gotten regular tweak updates every couple years
as in brakes etc. like the other gxrs

I know I know  
deadhorse.gif

I look back when the Busa was designed, the design team made a bike that left no 'Fn doubt who was king,
no one else even close, no arguments, killed a flea with a sledge hammer...a very large sledge hammer.

That design team is long gone as is their philosophy...this one counts pennies, and we get a mild upgrade and get beaten by a zx 10.

The best thing we shoulda done was put down the hommie brand kool-aid, not buy the '08s and tell zuk to stick it up there arse until they give us a real update (and take off that but ugly tail). Let the new busa sales take a dive, then the penny pinchers might break out the sledge hammer again.

rant.gif
Its kinda sad when you can't get the new busa uncrated before its getting spanked by the liters  
wowold.gif
 Never would have happened in the old days  
rock.gif

They need to go ahead and relegate it to the sport touring role its destined to play, by sticking bags and better seating/wind protection on it  
winkold.gif

Next year its redesigned little brother is really going to give it a butt kicking....along with the R1 too most likely
laugh.gif

.........its gonna be one hell of a gang bang  
wowold.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

wowold.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back