What do you guys think?

fremo66

Registered
bought my 08 busa in feb. I got 5100 miles out of my rear bto15. My question is am i riding to soft. I keep hearing people only getting 3000 out of the tire. Before ya answer, know that i love stoplight to stoplight sprints, and topping the busa out. I have barried my needle MANY times, but keep that to the org. love to know what yall think.

I think you got good mileage from it :thumbsup: Don't understand what you mean by riding it to soft :dunno: If you think you didn't wear it out fast a couple of burnouts will cure that long mileage run you got out of it :poke: :laugh:

Last edited:
It's great that you got 5k out of a tire. I wish I had those problems. Ride the way you like to ride. :thumbsup:

bought my 08 busa in feb. I got 5100 miles out of my rear bto15. My question is am i riding to soft. I keep hearing people only getting 3000 out of the tire. Before ya answer, know that i love stoplight to stoplight sprints, and topping the busa out. I have barried my needle MANY times, but keep that to the org. love to know what yall think.

There is nothing wrong with getting better than average mileage from a tire. Simply means you are gentle on the throttle.

I have barried my needle MANY times,

For God's sake, make sure you are in a decent set of leathers. If you fall off that thing in jeans there won't be enough meat left on your bones to put in a body bag! If the crash don't kill you, you'll certainly bleed to death before the medics show up. :O

Is this the first thread from an owner complaining about TOO MUCH mileage from his rear tire?:lol:

Damn, I only got 1200 miles out of my stock tire. Am I doing something wrong?:whistle:

Some of it has to do with the surface of the roads you ride on. I've been on roads that are like cheese graters and others that are nice and smooth.

Nothing bad about getting higher than normal mileage from a tire. It just means your gentle on the throttle and running the right tire pressures. As you get more comfortable on that thing I'm sure your tire life will go down.

I've got about 4200 miles on my stock tire and I think I can get another grand or so out of it. My question is; is what I think is still a good tire really still a good tire or am I riding on borrowed rubber.:please: If I get home tonight at a decent hour, I will take a couple pics to get the orgs thoughts.

Any chance we can see a pic of the tire. Your version of "getting 5100 miles out of it" and others may be drastically different from a replacement standpoint. :whistle:

i have about 8k on my tires on my 08 that i bought in October and they arent even close to the indicators. On my old 07 zx6r i have about 12k before i got rid of the rubber

3500 on my gen 2 rear. I can't see how every one is getting so much mileage out of their stock tires?

Back