Busa stalls at low speeds.Increase Idle?

umairhashmi

Registered
I have noticed that the idle on my 06 bus is around 900rpm.Is this normal? Because even after proper warmups it stalls out a lot at low speed parking lot maneuvers and also when coming to red lights in neutral.Should i increase the idle? Is so where should it be?

No, it's not normal.

You should adjust the idle to approx. 1100.

Try that and report back.

I have had to do the same thing on my 06LE, and that took care of it.

It's a kind of magic!

Scar

No, it's not normal.

You should adjust the idle to approx. 1100.

Try that and report back.

I have had to do the same thing on my 06LE, and that took care of it.

It's a kind of magic!

Scar
Oh, on question #2, lift the gas tank; the idle is under it, on the right hand (brake) side of the bike about midway back from the front/top of the tank.

It is very easy to adjust.

Awaiting your reply.

def need to turn that idle up to around 1100 like scar suggested!

Sounds like a good idea.Meanwhile cant i just use the choke type idle increase lever to take care of it?? Dont think ill have the time to do this until sunday

06 LE here 9500 miles, and had to do mine also. I think I need my throttle boddies adjusted now ? when I stop it revs up to like 1400 rpm, I lowered my idle, and it hasn't done it since, but it only did it when it was cold ??

You do not need to lift the tank to adjust the idle.  You just need the corret tools.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=24;t=80197;hl=
Right...I effected my adjustment in 'the wild' where there were no 12-foot-long screwdrivers...

So; that's all I had to offer.

Either way, adjusting the idle on the Gen1 is no biggie. I have no idea about the Gen2.

What I can tell you, however, is that there is not cold-start lever on the Gen2.

Anyway, look forward to hearing a positive report after you've done it.

clap.gif

Back