engine ice...did i do something wrong???

After the engine heats up and the thermostat cycles a couple of times, any air trapped in the cooling system will be burped out to the coolant reservoir and as the coolant in the engine contracts as it cools, more will be drawn in from the reservoir.  Topping off the reservoir will then complete the job.

UNLESS, that is, Hayabusas have bleeders anywhere on the cooling system.  That usually is a giveaway that the radiator cap is not the highest point in the cooling system - in those cases, manufacturers place bleeders at the high points so the air can be released.

Ed
one thing i didn't do is "topping off the reservoir". i just fill it to the full mark on the reservoir. is it suppose to be top off?

why go through all the draining and burping .couple ounces of water wetter and your done!come on guys it cost 9 buck for a bottle that will last forever .needle wont go to hot anymore lol.

you have to burp he radiaor a couple of times. let it run, cut it off, run it again, cutit off and it should burp itself. you need almost two bottles of engine ice to fill the radiator. if you put in less you have a lot of air in it
i added a couple of more drops of engine ice today to top it off again. i can only put 2.5 qt or 1 bottle and 1/4 in the radiator all together from yesterday and today. i put about another 1/4 in the reservoir to get it to the full mark yesterday. the manual says 2.4 qt. capacity in the radiator so i guess i'm pretty close to that capacity. did what you guys suggested and the bus seemed to run cooler today but it's also 10 degrees cooler today weather wise. i run it for 15 minutes again and it only got to the half way mark, didn't go past that like yesterday, thanks to all of you.

No problem glad the board could help! There was a lot of good advice on things to do and look for posted here........

Back