Had to teach the bus a lesson today

Ononewheel

Registered
I finish UN-lowering the bus this morning, and considering the new r1 has me frazzled. I took the bus out and explained to it, there are certain things I require you to do if you are going to remain in my possesion.

First went out and hit some cloverleafs, after the tires warmed up, the knee dragging commenced. Drug more knee today than a day at the track. Had to stop, I was getting carried away, came in too hot and feared a lowside which did not happen. As much as I hate the bt56's they held well, and even balled up a bit.

On to next lesson. Okay bus if you don't learn how to wheelie quick I am going to ride you off a cliff. So here I go , bout 40mph 2nd gear, slam the throttle open, flash the clutch and bammoo, right up high. no spinning, no lingering a foot off the ground. Up there. Rode it out about 500feet and said you have done well, I am proud of you. Feels like you are sitting in a life gaurd chair when you up there, and the dern thing is so fat you can't see around it, you have to peek over the top.

Not that anyone cares, just thought I would share my experience from today, and say I was proud of what the bus did.

No wheelies for me...but glad you did what you set out to do! Be careful!

:D

Way cool! In the same light...
Made a low speed right turn from a side street into the right hand lane of a 3 lane main street.  While leaning, torque the monster and pick the front wheel up.  With the wheel still several inches off the ground, straighten up and flick the bike into the left lane, shift into 3rd and put the wheel down.  I did this without trying one day and haven't been able to do it since.  
DON'T TELL MY WIFE!!!
Ride Safe!

Way cool! In the same light...
Made a low speed right turn from a side street into the right hand lane of a 3 lane main street.  While leaning, torque the monster and pick the front wheel up.  With the wheel still several inches off the ground, straighten up and flick the bike into the left lane, shift into 3rd and put the wheel down.  I did this without trying one day and haven't been able to do it since.  
DON'T TELL MY WIFE!!!
Ride Safe!
:rofl:

AHHHHHHHHHH when man and machine become one.Proud of the operator as well i imagine.Wear gear be careful,it can be intoxicating as you know.

I finish UN-lowering the bus this morning, and considering the new r1 has me frazzled.  I took the bus out and explained to it, there are certain things I require you to do if you are going to remain in my possesion.

First went out and hit some cloverleafs, after the tires warmed up, the knee dragging commenced.  Drug more knee today than a day at the track.  Had to stop, I was getting carried away, came in too hot and feared a lowside which did not happen.  As much as I hate the bt56's they held well, and even balled up a bit.

On to next lesson.  Okay bus if you don't learn how to wheelie quick I am going to ride you off a cliff.  So here I go , bout 40mph 2nd gear, slam the throttle open, flash the clutch and bammoo, right up high.  no spinning, no lingering a foot off the ground.  Up there.  Rode it out about 500feet and said you have done well, I am proud of you.  Feels like you are sitting in a life gaurd chair when you up there, and the dern thing is so fat you can't see around it, you have to peek over the top.

Not that anyone cares, just thought I would share my experience from today, and say I was proud of what the bus did.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm i will have to try that. OK Busa (Ninja Eater) If you do not go 250mph on the gps you are scrape. nahhhh it would get back at me and blow up. :D

Come on One wheel! Nuthin tops the Bus! :tounge:

Get that lil R1 outta ur head!

Sonds to me like the Busa was only performing for the conductor...I guess it depends on what you can make it do verse teaching it a lesson... :super:

It's kind of like a woman...Sometimes no doesn't mean no...If you've got the skills you can get what you want from either...Hey I got skills...Do you??? :D

Nice x-perience :) damn R1 seems to be scaring ppl a bit... 180hp rumours... hummmmm
But hey, have you seen the Ghost Rider movie? No other bike (or biker) could pull a wheelie (a small one, but a indeed a wheelie) at 200mph in that Turbo powered Busa.
Busa rules, Ghost Rider rules!

It's kind of like a woman...Sometimes no doesn't mean no...If you've got the skills you can get what you want from either...Hey I got skills...Do you???  :D
I have a few skills, sometimes I keep them in my truck though. Have you been doing any rolling stoppies on yours?

I got rolling burnouts and wheelies, stoppies are next mission.

Nice x-perience :) damn R1 seems to be scaring ppl a bit... 180hp rumours... hummmmm
But hey, have you seen the Ghost Rider movie? No other bike (or biker) could pull a wheelie (a small one, but a indeed a wheelie) at 200mph in that Turbo powered Busa.
I have seen the ghostrider trailer, he is one sick puppy. He came to another forum promoting his movie and everyone was like wtf is ghostrider. Then we saw his trailer and were like :eek: I am really trying to get the r1 though.

It's going to be a good battle this year for literbike king. All the big four have some unbelievable machines. It amazes me how they can keep getting better.

I have seen the ghostrider trailer, he is one sick puppy.  He came to another forum promoting his movie and everyone was like wtf is ghostrider.  Then we saw his trailer and were like :eek: I am really trying to get the r1 though.  

It's going to be a good battle this year for literbike king.  All the big four have some unbelievable machines.  It amazes me how they can keep getting better.
Yeah my question is...

Why the heck is ZOok being so tight lipped about their 04 models???

Honda: announced new CBR1000RR with pics

Cowasaki: new ZX-10

Yamaha: See above

Zuki: Nodda... heard nothin on the GSXR-1000 or Busa....

I guess they just love suspense...

Well, I DONT!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

I finish UN-lowering the bus this morning, and considering the new r1 has me frazzled.  I took the bus out and explained to it, there are certain things I require you to do if you are going to remain in my possesion.

First went out and hit some cloverleafs, after the tires warmed up, the knee dragging commenced.  Drug more knee today than a day at the track.  Had to stop, I was getting carried away, came in too hot and feared a lowside which did not happen.  As much as I hate the bt56's they held well, and even balled up a bit.

On to next lesson.  Okay bus if you don't learn how to wheelie quick I am going to ride you off a cliff.  So here I go , bout 40mph 2nd gear, slam the throttle open, flash the clutch and bammoo, right up high.  no spinning, no lingering a foot off the ground.  Up there.  Rode it out about 500feet and said you have done well, I am proud of you.  Feels like you are sitting in a life gaurd chair when you up there, and the dern thing is so fat you can't see around it, you have to peek over the top.

So with all of the clover leafs you have proven you can turn right...what about the neglected left side of your tires and left knee slider? Post some pics if you get a chance...

Back