Figure you guys will get a kick out of this

Ononewheel

Registered
Took the bus out today and made ONE run with my fro on his 04 R1 today. From 40mph in 2nd gear, stock to stock the bus spanked the R1 pretty hard. I was actually SURPRISED at the outcome. Now one thing to consider, an unfair advantage on my part is that by doing this he was forced to start way out of his power range while I was not. We are going to go out and try some different things with them here pretty soon. Do any of you have any particular requests?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

ALSO my new R1 showed up at the dealer today so LOOK OUT
jump9.gif

rock.gif

That is cool, there is a guy down the road that has a new R1. Once I get everything straight on the bus I am going to go down there and try to set something up.

How about you in 2nd and him in 4th. I saw on the R1 site a guy
was boasting about beating a Busa with roll-ons at 45mph in
4th and 6th gear. Man come on, no chance. Guess ya gotta
find the best starting point for both bikes, that way it's power
for power and rider for rider.

Met a guy today in my hometown with a new R1. I was
checking out the bike like man that's a sweet peace of
machine. I catch him in the corner of my eye sizing up
the Busa. I'm thinking "here we go" a show down in the
making. I'm going to enjoy crushing that pretty lil thang.

Sounds like lots of fun guys! Maybe they will learn one day!

The newest literbikes are making amazing horsepower, especially the ZX10 (162 RWHP - yummy) but Busa torque is unmatched... and that's what usually wins roll-ons. There is a new Triumph cruiser, the "Rocket III" I think, with a 2300 CC in-line 3-cylinder mill. About 140 HP and almost 150 ft/lb torque. I'm not much of a cruiser fan but THAT thing has got to accelerate HARD.
wow.gif

The newest literbikes are making amazing horsepower, especially the ZX10 (162 RWHP - yummy) but Busa torque is unmatched... and that's what usually wins roll-ons. There is a new Triumph cruiser, the "Rocket III" I think, with a 2300 CC in-line 3-cylinder mill. About 140 HP and almost 150 ft/lb torque. I'm not much of a cruiser fan but THAT thing has got to accelerate HARD.
wow.gif
Yep, I have ridden this 04 and it is by far the sickest thing I have ever been on.

I just got back from a ride on the 04 R1.. I wanted to be sure before I bought mine. I can tell you a few things about it. It's very small, light, and turns in quicker than a f250 with a ladder rack turns into a bar. The brakes are FREAKING AMAZING. It has more grunt down low than you would think, but over 7000 it starts to howl and scream. In the twisties my goodness what that thing will do. It seems to suck for wheelies but then again it's just gonna take a minute to get used to it. Stoppies will be easy to learn on this thing. I did not have a huge amount of confidence in the dunlops but they seemed as good as any other STREET tire. All in all that thing is one wicked machine. mmm thats about it for now. I will have alot more to say once I get my own next week.

Back