What do yall think about the 08 zx10..

got a buddy with a 10 that thought the same thing until i pulled him 3 bikes in in 1st gear. he thought my plate was a joke & he kept on & on until we raced(in a straight line). i let him have the hit when he got ready. it was over before it started.

the mags dont mean a thing in real life!
'nuff said right there
cool.gif

if you're not the rider who raced the bike in the magazine-YOU"RE NOT THE RIDER WHO'S GOING TO BEAT A BUSA, EITHER
deadhorse.gif

I could care less what a magazine says, who knows what kind of "back scratching" is going on behind closed doors ??

Let me have a Magazine, "hey Suzuki, if you strap me, and my partner up with some new Gixxer 1k's, you might like what happens in our test results"
winkold.gif

I have a friend with an 08 10. His response to the artical was "don't believe everything you read".

Enough said.

I have a friend with an 08 10. His response to the artical was "don't believe everything you read".

Enough said.
+1

I rode with a guy on an 08 10R, and he said the same thing. He said he should have bought the busa. My 08 Busa is just plain faster than his 08 10R, any way you want to race them. He couldn't get away from me in the twisties either (and he bent his peg feeler on that ride).

Uhhhhhhhhhh
sadnews.gif
, there's alot of guys on ALOT of bikes who ring their bikes out that will beat me (I guess
winkold.gif
 because I don't like abusing the Bike
dunno.gif
) ! So, I don't think  
idea3.gif
about it at all. But I know, after 500 to 700 miles a day, I'am glad I'AM NOT on a 10 or any other Pure Sportsbike  
laugh.gif

It's threads like this that make me say about the 2nd gen "update"...

To little...way late  

Shoulda been 200rwh and the bus should have gotten regular tweak updates every couple years
as in brakes etc. like the other gxrs

I know I know  
deadhorse.gif

I look back when the Busa was designed, the design team made a bike that left no 'Fn doubt who was king,
no one else even close, no arguments, killed a flea with a sledge hammer...a very large sledge hammer.

That design team is long gone as is their philosophy...this one counts pennies, and we get a mild upgrade and get beaten by a zx 10.

The best thing we shoulda done was put down the hommie brand kool-aid, not buy the '08s and tell zuk to stick it up there arse until they give us a real update (and take off that but ugly tail). Let the new busa sales take a dive, then the penny pinchers might break out the sledge hammer again.

rant.gif
Its kinda sad when you can't get the new busa uncrated before its getting spanked by the liters  
wowold.gif
 Never would have happened in the old days  
rock.gif

They need to go ahead and relegate it to the sport touring role its destined to play, by sticking bags and better seating/wind protection on it  
winkold.gif

Next year its redesigned little brother is really going to give it a butt kicking....along with the R1 too most likely
laugh.gif

.........its gonna be one hell of a gang bang  
wowold.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I drive an '06 everyday and I love her, if I could have one bike on earth the rest of my life, she is it.

I guess I should thank Zuk cause the waterdown update does not make me want to trade her in.

It is NOT that I have to drive the fastest thing on the planet, although it is nice...it's the Suzuki philosophy that pisses me off. The R&D work has been paid off, probably in year 1 of the gen 1 busa sales. For the next decade, they put ZERO dollars into our beloved machines. I keep bringing up a brake upgrade because that's pretty easy and we didn't even get that.

And after a DECADE of taking our money, putting it in the bank and funding 2 year updates on the 600, 750, and 1000s...we get a 2nd gen bike that they added what...15hp by making the stroke longer BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO SAVE MONEY AND USE THE SAME BLOCK.

Heck, the bike isn't even as smooth as a zx14 that's been out for 3 years
wtf.gif

How much HP did a '99 liter bike make...110?? And now they make 170+hp...and we get 15 hp. And the kicker is...a liter bike is locked in at 1000cc...the Busa engineers could have went anywhere displacement wise.
And yeah I know the Busa is heavier so what...let it be heavier and do a new, no holds bar motor from the ground up 1450-1500cc and KICK ARSE! Would you put up with another 15 lbs for another 30 hp...yeah. She was heavier in '99 but the HP/torque overkill more than made up for it.

I certainly don't think the '08s are POS, I like the front end but I just think after an entire decade of lining Zuk pockets we just deserved more and better and a REAL update not just warmed over.

BTW - I like the blue one to

wowold.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

They dont have to bump the displacment up to make the busa faster. All they had to do is bump the compression up, add larger valves and the most aggressive ign timing like they do for the liter bikes. I believe they could have made even the 1299cc engine put perform the bigger 08 engine if they wanted to. Ive always heard its the top speed thing though. The busa probably still beats it to top speed. Not like anyones going to race at 183mph anywhere,, even on the track. Its amazing what theyre doing with liter bikes nowadayz.

I, I just feel so distraught that when im out crusing and a zx10 rolls up and wants to race, i cant laugh at him now.

In the words of a friend of mine at work..........

"There's no replacement for displacement"......:) I don't know where he ripped that line from. but he's right
biggrin.gif

To little...way late  

Shoulda been 200rwh and the bus should have gotten regular tweak updates every couple years

I know I know  
deadhorse.gif

I look back when the Busa was designed, the design team made a bike that left no 'Fn doubt who was king,
no one else even close, no arguments, killed a flea with a sledge hammer...a very large sledge hammer.

That design team is long gone as is their philosophy...this one counts pennies, and we get a mild upgrade and get beaten by a zx 10.

The best thing we shoulda done was put down the hommie brand kool-aid, not buy the '08s and tell zuk to stick it up there arse until they give us a real update (and take off that but ugly tail). Let the new busa sales take a dive, then the penny pinchers might break out the sledge hammer again.

rant.gif
Its kinda sad when you can't get the new busa uncrated before its getting spanked by the liters  
wowold.gif
rock.gif

They need to go ahead and relegate it to the sport touring role its destined to play, by sticking bags and better seating/wind protection on it  
winkold.gif

Next year its redesigned little brother is really going to give it a butt kicking....along with the R1 too most likely
laugh.gif

wowold.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
How can you even compare the two bikes?? Two totally different bikes designed for two totally different types of riding. Have you ever heard of horsepower to weight ratio? Center of gravity? Come on now get real. I love my 06 1K for what it does but I also love my 08 Busa for what it does also. Roadracing I'll take the 1K any day but for normal every day riding I'll go with the Busa.

wowold.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

according to the mag's my 05' is slower than the 14 and the 10. at the track my results are very different
cool.gif

I bought the bus for comfort on the long haul and a lil bit of speed. If I can spank a 14 and 10 I'll take that too!!

To little...way late  

I know I know  
deadhorse.gif

rant.gif
wowold.gif
rock.gif

winkold.gif

laugh.gif

wowold.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
How can you even compare the two bikes?? Two totally different bikes designed for two totally different types of riding. Have you ever heard of horsepower to weight ratio? Center of gravity? Come on now get real. I love my 06 1K for what it does but I also love my 08 Busa for what it does also. Roadracing I'll take the 1K any day but for normal every day riding I'll go with the Busa.
I think your missing it...the busa was not designed as a sport tourer or daily commuter...it was designed to be a land speed cruise missle cappable of decimating and blowing away all comers. Without even an argument or a doubt.

Every mfg was playing the one up game till the busa beat the flea with the sledgehammer and they gave up...whatever happened to the blackbird...oh yeah, the busa happened to it. Did honda even try after that?..or the zx11/12...

The fact that the busa is an awesome all around bike and does many things well should not blind you to what the bike was designed for or how little the current R&D at Zuk has really done for it since.

What your telling me is they've upped the gsxrs every 2 years (making them the real race bikes) which makes the busa a tourer...well that's my point. We deserved better and so does the Busa.

The busa didn't raise the bar it crashed thru it...now were into the tweaking and tuner wars.

I'd like to see BMW revamp the K1200S to about 1400-1500cc 200 hp and since they didn't agree to the 186mph...200 mph stock machine.

It's the attitude and the commitment to excellance at all costs that I admire (philosophy behind the Gen 1 Busa)...not, let's use the same frame and block etc. cause it's cheaper ideal (particularly since we haven't gotten sht in 10 YEARS)...

Nothing for 10 YEARS...and we'll update our best selling bike like this because it's cheaper.

redcomprs2.gif

wowold.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I agree with Justyntym on the 2008 redesign of the Hayabusa. The original mission of the Hayabusa was to dominate the street, annialate any challengers, period. Today there are several liter sportbikes that can threaten or beat the Busa in acceleration contests. The situation will only worsen as these trackbikes are updated every couple years.
I feel that Suzuki should have designed a completely new engine, added a second engine counterbalancer and made a serious effort to improve the brakes. Especially since the Busa is a showcase machine for the company.
Having said all that, I still like my K08, the frustrating thing is knowing what is possible/should have been.
Maybe the heat that the insurance industry and government can apply has softened the manufacturers.

I just purchased my k8 last week, and I also have an 05' zx10. I'm not brand loyal at all, and I have owned and riden maaaaany bikes. When I was in Cali me and my buddies would always race 80mph 2nd gear roll-on to 160, that's it. If a bike walks away from you all the way to 160 its pretty much game over, top speed is only for Bonneville or bench racing. In the real world (freeways & parkways) Gixxer 1000s and ZX10s are the biggest predators out there. The busas and the 14s are made for drag races, long distance commute and bike nites. I got my k8 for comfort. If I'm out there looking for trouble then I would hop on a 1000cc repliracer.
cool.gif

Speaking of which Sambusa found a good deal on one if you are close to Ohio.

Where ever Ohio really is.
dunno.gif

r8

Back