What do you all do when you cant sleep?

#1 There must be something in the air because I only got about 3 hrs last night ( Yawn )

#2 Quote ( so its 5 am on a monday morning have to be at work in about 3 hours )
I just left for work at 5 a.m. :moon:

Trazodone, Alprazolam or Zolpidem

Phil we aren't talking about elephants here :poke:

Those sound like the stuff that killed Elvis !!!!!
:laugh:
They work great, really. Trazodone is a Serotonin-based tranq. Alprazolam
is Xanax, and Zolpidem is generic Ambien.. What killed Michael Jackson is the
crazy one to try at home: Diprivan, a powerfull anethsetic, should only be
administered in an operating room. Russian roulette with 5 cyls loaded.

Hey I used to chase a half xani bar with an oil can of fosters .
Used to sleep real well just didn't remember it.....:laugh:

wow looks like a lot of us cannot sleep here last night... i finally fell asleep at 630 for my alarm to go off at 715... long day and ready for a nap!

Wow! I was up until the wee hours myself. I finally feel asleep right before the alarm clock went off. Whether I sleep or not is a toss in the dark.

i read. i may also take a bath or shower. i take some over that counter target sleep aid and between all that i can usaully sleep.

not sleeping sucks

I get to where I can't sleep if I go to bed with a lot on my mind. Trying not to think of all that stuff is hard, but sometimes your just so dog tired it doesn't matter. Exercise works well as said before. I go for a nice 2-3 mile run before I leave work, come home, shower, eat, watch a few minutes of TV and nighty night time.

I realized to at a young age that I am a night owl and have a problem with getting to sleep. I don't try and force myself to sleep, but fall asleep when my body says it's time. There has been times when I have not been able to fall asleep for days on end. I have a very good doctor and he has given me Ambien CR. I only use it when I need the help falling asleep and staying asleep.

i am a second shifter...dont usually crash till 2-3 ...if excited for something then my mind races..otherwise...i sleep at the drop of a hat

#1 There must be something in the air because I only got about 3 hrs last night ( Yawn )

#2 Quote ( so its 5 am on a monday morning have to be at work in about 3 hours )
I just left for work at 5 a.m. :moon:

wow looks like a lot of us cannot sleep here last night... i finally fell asleep at 630 for my alarm to go off at 715... long day and ready for a nap!

Wow! I was up until the wee hours myself. I finally feel asleep right before the alarm clock went off. Whether I sleep or not is a toss in the dark.

Seriously..warm milk.

i read. i may also take a bath or shower. i take some over that counter target sleep aid and between all that i can usaully sleep.

not sleeping sucks

I eat or make a snack

I get to where I can't sleep if I go to bed with a lot on my mind. Trying not to think of all that stuff is hard, but sometimes your just so dog tired it doesn't matter. Exercise works well as said before. I go for a nice 2-3 mile run before I leave work, come home, shower, eat, watch a few minutes of TV and nighty night time.

poke the wife for a little aerobic activity. :laugh:

i tried ambien and some other prescription anxiety/sleep aid and they both gave me horrible realistic nightmares.

i am a second shifter...dont usually crash till 2-3 ...if excited for something then my mind races..otherwise...i sleep at the drop of a hat

All of the above seem to shy away from using outside influences to induce sleep through the use of drugs.
The body knows when it needs rest and the mind will eventually cave in and agree.
I have lived with this for many years and, Yes, it is trying at times but is something I have come to deal with.
I think your situation is probably temporary, and will correct itself, soon.

For those of us that have chronic symptoms, I pray for your peace and hope you can deal with the lack of sleep.
Bubba

Sadly, insomnia affects many of us. Most of my insomnia comes from stress - work, money, family. There's a reason I'm awake a lot at home, but sleep pretty well on vacation. Here are some things I do:

Stop drinking caffeine after 10 am and try to limit yourself to 2 drinks (coffee, soda, tea) a day.

Melatonin is a natural product your body makes. You can buy it over the counter, it works for some of us, not great for me, but it helps.

Most drugs make me drowsy in the day, but it's often better than not sleeping.

Try not to get frustrated or angry because you can't sleep, because that will wake you up.

Reading before going to bed often redirects my mind off work, so I almost always read for 10 minutes before turning out the light.

This last thing sounds crazy, but helps if you're someone with an active mind and you wake up in the middle of the night. The trick is to distract your mind from whatever was worrying you. I call it the ABC Trick. Start with the letter A and name a city or place, then B, and so on. Say to yourself A Atlanta, B Baltimore, C Chicago, etc. I rarely make it through the alphabet. Don't repeat cities, you'll remember which ones you've used, so start working to find a new one. Altoona, Brighton Beach, Chrisfield.... If you get really stuck thinking of a new one, you can skip that letter. You can do other things, like parts of a motorcycle, parts of a house, foods, song titles, etc. The real trick is to do something complicated enough to keep your mind off your troubles, but boring enough to fall asleep. I've been doing this for years. It's probably good for your memory too!

so its 5 am on a monday morning have to be at work in about 3 hours and have not got a wink of sleep since around 11 am sunday morning... so far I have watched 2 movies, the oriley factor, and now on to huckabee, a lot of facebooking, and .oRging.... So what do you all do when you cannot sleep?

Depends ... you married??? Since I am single I would put ambient sounds cd in the stereo an that would knock out... Raining or rainforest sounds usually help..

I am one that has trouble sleeping do to high stress load at work. As soon as I crawl into bed I am going through the next day in my mind all night..I tried sleep meds and when I have to get up at 4am I can't function...I'll be watching this thread for ideas..Cause this is really wearing me down and making me a cranky boss.:banghead:

Back