What do you all do when you cant sleep?

Nick7

Registered
so its 5 am on a monday morning have to be at work in about 3 hours and have not got a wink of sleep since around 11 am sunday morning... so far I have watched 2 movies, the oriley factor, and now on to huckabee, a lot of facebooking, and .oRging.... So what do you all do when you cannot sleep?

My guess is you have not adjusted to the time diff yet ?
Still 11pm for you and I .
Not tired huh ?

Been there many times.
Sucks
Takes a good week to ten days maybe more for some.
Really ain't much you can do to force your body clock to adjust.

LOTS AND LOTS OF EXERCISE , swimming or jogging or biking .
Some sort of strenuous activity daily will help tire you out so maybe you can sleep .

DRINK ALCOHOL , no joke , don't get drunk just one or two with a late dinner so when they soak in you get sleepy. May help ?

Grab the wife and go hit some of the world famous German Techno clubs .
Dance yourself into a trance .

I was in Italy and Cyprus last summer for a month .
I think I slept maybe one or two good times .
Other than that I was watching Nat Geo and eating fish sticks at 5am same as you .
:laugh:

The Org and the History channel. Depending on how awake I am, Ill go out the the garage and clean the Busa or the weeked car. You can watch Oxygen or the "WE" channel, that should put you to sleep:laugh:

so its 5 am on a monday morning have to be at work in about 3 hours and have not got a wink of sleep since around 11 am sunday morning... so far I have watched 2 movies, the oriley factor, and now on to huckabee, a lot of facebooking, and .oRging.... So what do you all do when you cannot sleep?

Nick,
I have this problem often, and I used to beat my head on the wall when I was 16 yrs old trying to knock myself out, drove my parents crazy.

I then just started realizing I am not just a night owl, but that I have insomnia.

My best friend whom I grew up with had Narcolepsy and could not go into the armed forces because of this.
It is just one of those things that we have to deal with. I usually do not get to bed before 11pm and wake up B/4 the alarm clock at 4am, I am then on the Busa and out the door at 5am and get off work at 5pm.
I am the slacker of the family, My Wife is even more active.
I just allow myself the time in bed to reflect on the people around me and do not worry too much about the sleep. It will come when you need it.
There are times on the weekend when your body says "I am just going to sleep in today" and you rejuvenate the sleep pattern.

Bottom line: Do not think you can Will yourself to sleep, it just makes it harder.
Bubba

PS. Go to Fussen and the Southern Castles of the German area and Austria, Great landscapes to fall asleep to!

Last edited:
i only have afn and not much choices... i have been in germany for 3 months now and think i am pretty well adjusted just a weird night i guess.

i only have afn and not much choices... i have been in germany for 3 months now and think i am pretty well adjusted just a weird night i guess.

Didn't realize you had been there already so long .

Did you know Germany has over 500 kinds of beer .... :rofl:

Try being a self employed father of two supporting your inlaws all in same house.
STRESS
I don't think I have slept more than 3-4 hrs a night in yrs !
I work at night mostly then get up or am woken up by Adam who wants to watch Tom and Jerry but mommy can't find the channel !!
Just wants me to do it for him is all so I get up at 7 after only beginning to feel tired at 4 every night .

grab the wife and wake her up :poke: and take her for a few laps around the bedroom. always works with me but she always wants it :cheerleader:

I guess you are not alone here!:laugh:

Just visit the Org, and have a great day tomorrow.:beerchug:

PS. Drugs and Alcohol Are NOT the answer, only the catalyst!

Last edited:
Caffeine/Coffee in the morning hours only and no more than two cups a day.

Back