Co-pilot rules (driving)

StrtRac3r

Registered
So, my girlfriend and her brother wanted to visit their dad who isn't stateside very often. But he was in Anaheim and we live in Sacramento (about 7 hours doing the speed limit)

We left Sunday night, got there about 1 am and proceeded to have a few beers and shoot the s**t till about 4am. Monday his wife who has never seen Disneyland decided that's where she wanted to go.

This morning I had to be at work at 6:30 am (normal) which meant leaving LA area about 11:30 would give me just enough time to make it to work today. (no sleep)

All went fine, made it to work, but the problem is THEY went to sleep for the entire ride 5 min after hitting the freeway.

Leaving the question, what are your co-pilot standards? Because apparently I need to enforce more regulation lol.

Stay awake to keep the driver awake, help scan for leos, DJ so the driver can focus... Navigate... :dunno:

Sent from my GT-I9100 from across the pond using Forum Runner

I am ok with silence. And if your gonna sleep hopefully you are ok with me rock n out to some rock. Honestly I dont want to hear any jibber jabber unless I am interested in it...bikes (bike stories touring etc), guns (gun stories or hunting fishing stories) or anything adventures. Drama gossip opinions politics religion or venting of any sort not interested..keep it positive and exciting I am all in. But hey Im not rude...I would more than likely listen to WHATEVER the whole damn drive...but dont expect input...lol

b-dub_sr said:
Stay awake to keep the driver awake, help scan for leos, DJ so the driver can focus... Navigate... :dunno:

Sent from my GT-I9100 from across the pond using Forum Runner

+1 yea and this too....those should be basics.

My wife lasts about 10 minutes when we get into the car and start driving - even goes so far to put on her sunglass and start reading about 2 paragraphs of a book/magazine, then she is GONE. Not a dang thing I can do about it, but I know it's gonna happen so I expect/prepared for it. Sometimes I REALLY just want to stab the brakes :laugh:

No job/trip/ride worth dying for; if you start to fall asleep, PULL OVER. Hour nap do you wonders.

I pull over when I feel tired and run a lap around the rest stop. Gets the energy level back up for another hour or two.

Lol I felt kinda sorry for my gf in the back seat. Trying to lay across bucket seats with a 700 watt 10 slapping behind her head. (felt kinda bad so I did turn the amp down after a couple min.

Brake check will keep em awake for a bit, just be sure you check your 6 before you do it

As long as I have music....... They can all go to sleep. That's better than listening to somebody talking about stupid sh.t!!!

Passenger seats have a built in "Instant Sleep" device which activates after 11 minutes of steady speed. :rofl:

I let them sleep, when we leave late and it gets well after bed time they go to sleep. I drive, and drive, and drive, and drive until sometime in the we hours of the morning they wake up and want a motel :laugh:.

motochris said:
I am ok with silence. And if your gonna sleep hopefully you are ok with me rock n out to some rock. Honestly I dont want to hear any jibber jabber unless I am interested in it...bikes (bike stories touring etc), guns (gun stories or hunting fishing stories) or anything adventures. Drama gossip opinions politics religion or venting of any sort not interested..keep it positive and exciting I am all in. But hey Im not rude...I would more than likely listen to WHATEVER the whole damn drive...but dont expect input...lol

This ^

sleeping, Way better than...
Look out, traffics stopping
Be careful
U r following to closely, what r u doing
Feet on dashboard in panic
OOOOHHHHHH
didnt you see that bump?
arent you looking at traffic, theres a big gap over there
slow down
speed up
you didnt use your blinker
this is the wrong way
why didnt you turn there?
brake lights, brake lights!!

Lamb will take sleep anytime, u r lucky!

Well I stay awake. Never was able to sleep in a car anyways. Left Florida just yesterday after being awake18hours and arrived in Tenn. roughly 10 hours later.I was the co-pilot the whole trip because I was dog tired, but held my post as co-pilot.

When I'm driving there has been times I wish they fall asleep. :laugh: Really depends on who is sitting next to you.

After driving around Iraq for hours and hours all the time going 5 miles an hour at night looking for IED's, I don't think I could ever fall asleep while driving. I driven 21 hours straight to ND and when I got there I had trouble going to sleep in my car. All the long trips I go on I have never had a problem except people always asking me if they want to drive every 20 minutes cuz I look tired. I HATE THAT!!!!! I should be a trucker...

Back