Sleep issues, do you get much sleep?

I hear when u get older u need less sleep. been older for a long time and need at least 8-9 hrs.

not sure how anyone could function with 2-3 hrs. a day. im not sure I totally believe that but it sure would be nice to be able to function on a few hrs. a day. I have known of a few ppl that can function on 5 hrs. a day but never 2-3 hrs. for more then a few days that is.

I have insomnia from Lyme disease and have to take Nirivam at nite to get to sleep otherwise id be a zombie the next day with no sleep.

Big Bo said:
I work 12 hr shift most of the time. 5-5, am to pm or pm to am. Sometimes I feel like I am bounced around like a basketball. Work 3 12`s get a day or two off. Since we are short handed and vacation time is coming up, someone has to cover. I have passed up two nights to cover vacation. Just not into it. If I have to cover I will. Lord knows I could use the extra pay.

And yes I snore like a locomotive. You know it is bad when you wake up and your ears are ringing.

I also work 12s from 7 to 7. Usually 4 night shifts, 1 off and 3 day shifts and repeat the cycle. It constantly changes. I got this job 3 years ago and since then, I've just been putting on weight. 55 pounds in 3 years to be exact. Your body seems to be always confused. I personally have a hard time getting more than 6 hours. Even when I'm off. If you find a fix for it besides getting another job or winning the lottery, let me know lol!!!

From my own experience, if you wake up frequently, you might need to check for sleep apnea. Snoring is not good either, it can be an issue too. I'm usually good for 5 to 5 1/2 hrs. per night. Up at 5:45am every day, regardless. Rested unless I'm sick. In my opinion, the folks that are getting < 5 hours, you need to get checked by a Doctor.

Poppy said:
From my own experience, if you wake up frequently, you might need to check for sleep apnea. Snoring is not good either, it can be an issue too. I'm usually good for 5 to 5 1/2 hrs. per night. Up at 5:45am every day, regardless. Rested unless I'm sick. In my opinion, the folks that are getting < 5 hours, you need to get checked by a Doctor.

Good advice here.:thumbsup:

I have had sleep studies. Results always the same. When I sleep it is good REM sleep. Just one of those people that do not sleep for extended times.

My worst episode was a grand total of 4.5 hours sleep in 11 days. My poor wife had her hands full:down:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

I usualy fall asleep in my bed then wake up in Jakes bed. Jessica tells me that Jake will come get me at 3am every morning and drag me into his bed. But typicaly I go to bed around 12:30 to 1 and I am up at 5am. Dont know if it is just to take a leak or not but when i get up I am up. I think it comes from many years of working EMS. Get woken up and you have about 1 min to understand what the evil dispatcher is telling you, get dressed, get the ambulance running and find the address in the map book. I have put on a lot of weight lately tho, was down to 210, back at 270 now. Jessica says I did not toss and turn when I weighed less.

I only had issues with sleep when I was stressed or worried. I learned 2 words.. fuk it. I sleep an avg of 8-9 hrs a night this time of year. Summertime I will get 4-6... Xanax and a Beer will put you in lahhh lahhh land for a solid 6 hours if something is on your mind.

6hrs a night all week, then 14hrs on the weekends during the winter. Usually not as much in the summer when I'm not in hibernation mode.

Smellphone via Forum Runner

I work 12s so I work 2 have 2 off work 3 have 2 off but on my work day I get maybe 5-6 hours and my off days get around 8 hours.my kids dont like to go to bed early either so that doesnt help much.I think its a growing trend that people get less and less sleep.My poor wife gets less since my twins think its cool to stay up till 11 sometimes and still wake up in the night.Luckily she stays at home.

I suffer form insomnia and sleep apnea. If I do fall asleep, it isn't good sleep and I wake up at random times. And I can't fall asleep with a machine strapped to my face. I get about 4 hours a night give or take an hour, when I'm stressed out it drops to 2-3.

Back