B-King Mileage - What do you get???

brpo

Registered
Find attached a record of my mileage since purchased. It is in an excel spread sheet. I've averaged 40 miles per gallon but my speedo is about 6% or 7% hot compared to GPS and Radar signs. So the actual average MPG is probably more like 37 MPG. You may notice that I get as high as 49 MPG when highway riding conservately in 6th. I get low thirties when jacking the throttle and I'm on and off the brakes.

How does your B-King do MPG wise? What speedometer error do you have? Any one use a speed healer?

Attachments

• B King mileage.xls
    27.5 KB · Views: 477
Find attached a record of my mileage since purchased. It is in an excel spread sheet. I've averaged 40 miles per gallon but my speedo is about 6% or 7% hot compared to GPS and Radar signs. So the actual average MPG is probably more like 37 MPG. You may notice that I get as high as 49 MPG when highway riding conservately in 6th. I get low thirties when jacking the throttle and I'm on and off the brakes.

How does your B-King do MPG wise? What speedometer error do you have? Any one use a speed healer?
I have to confess that I just don't care about Mileage so I haven't kept track. I am running a Healer with at -6.6

I have a speedohealer set at -16.5, 17/45 gearing and I get crap gas milage, I could care less If I get 20 mpg, This is my hooligan bike, asphalt rippin, wheelie rippin, fun machine

I have gotten 44mpg once, but most of the time low 30's

I used to get between 40-45, but when I went to the 45T gearing it dropped significantly...I'm back to the stock gearing now, much happier all around.

I don't really care about the gas mileage, however as a practical matter IMO tracking gas mileage is a good way to judge the overall health of your motorcycle. I always like to have a bench mark for a new bike in perfect working order. If your mileage starts dropping you my want to look for the problem. Almost every problem will show in MPG. All other things being equal - assuming 40 mpg average and you notice a 2 MPG drop to 38 MPG, that indicates a 5 percent drop in overall efficiency. What's up? Brake dragging, compression problem, injector clogged, low tire pressure etc.. Maybe you've put on weight and it time to go on a diet:laugh:! Maybe it's time to sell the bike before it craps out entirely???

From a full tank, to reserve, I get about 115 miles out of it, dont know what that means in mpg, just know its lots of fun, I guess if I did not give it max revs everywhere, I would get better results.
Regards Keith UK

From a full tank, to reserve, I get about 115 miles out of it, dont know what that means in mpg, just know its lots of fun, I guess if I did not give it max revs everywhere, I would get better results.
Regards Keith UK

Yep, I think that's about right - very low 30 mpg in lower gears, under hard acceleration and braking. The flip side is flat land highway riding @ 65 or 70 MPH in 6th gear (over drive) - 47 to 49 MPG.

Yep, I think that's about right - very low 30 mpg in lower gears, under hard acceleration and braking. The flip side is flat land highway riding @ 65 or 70 MPH in 6th gear (over drive) - 47 to 49 MPG.
One day when I am older and and more grey than I am now, I may give steady riding a try.
Regards Keith UK

Back