Whats your average MPG?

PeteZ06

Registered
Purchased a '08 B-King last fall and lately have been calculating my mpg. I'm not using the odometer since I know they can be off.. so I've been using a GPS on my phone as I ride and add up the miles that way. After about 1000 miles over the past 2 months I'm averaging right around 45mpg.

Is this normal?.. seems high to me. I'm an average rider in terms of getting on it.

Bike now has 4K miles. Brocks pipe and Power Commander.

B-King_zpsc845b091.jpg

I get 28mpg commuting in London or 60mpg on a long steady motorway tour.
35 on a good fast rideout on the lanes.
Change gear quickly and ride the torque and you will get good mpg. Minke the beast work then he needs a drink :beerchug:

Your bike looks awesome dude :thumbsup:

Thanks! :beerchug:

Ok.. so looks like its nothing uncommon to get the mileage I'm getting... good to know.. I think theyre rated in the high 30's from what I gathered online.. I know real world numbers can tell a different story!!

I am averaging 42.2 over about 5500 miles. I know that my speedo is 7% fast though compared to gps speed so probably about 39 when corrected for that.

The mileage I get really depends on the speed I am running. Normal riding on two lanes i'll get mid to upper 40's. The worst I have gotten was 38 mpg but that tank was mostly run at 85+.

This was done with the odometer, so it is not 100% accurate, but it is not enough of a variable to worry about.
35i0ykk.png

I average 48-50 mpg back and forth to work, about 25 miles each way. On long highway trips, (500-1000 miles) I can get 60-63 mpg.

Back