Whats your average MPG?

52mpg Gen II bone stock. Ride mostly country roads.

I seem to get a little better when testing C mode, but discussed in the Org before and most believe there is no difference.

21 litre tank right ? I think i get 300km out of a full tank on the highway cruising not sure though how many MPG is that :thumbsup:

Did a 2up run today...mixed speeds, rarely used full throttle, didn't go above 6k revs but did the last 40+ miles at a sustained 4500rpm in 6th.
So 145.9miles done, tank was filled when we left home so 21L assuming it can't actually take more.
Got home and gauge showed just under 1/2 which i found hard to believe so i drained the tank....i got out exactly 10L.
That works out at 60.3 mpg UK / 50.2 mpg US...assume IMHO and could have been much more had I cruised the whole way....thats a theoretical range of over 250 miles with half the reserve left.

damn. how the heck do i get the worst fuel economy on this thread AND have the best tire life? seems like an impossible combination.

I honestly don't know what my Mpg is?? Usually I just ride till it needs a fill up then repeat :laugh:

I will say that after having it rebuilt & dyno tuned the fill ups are a lot more frequent but well worth it :race:

Average 47.5 mpg commuting. Best tank 52.4 mpg, all corrected for speedometer error. What is mode B and C? :laugh:

So what are we supposed to get in mpg?

Never seen an EPA gas mileage rating on any motorcycles like they have on cars.

All depends on how you ride it.

Most people that buy a Busa are not buying it to get great gas mileage.
It can be a perk if you ride it the speed limit but I don't know anyone that would buy a Busa to ONLY ride it at the speed limit or less all the time.
That's what mopeds are for. :laugh:

....yep!

download.jpg

Back