Just passed 4000 miles on my B King today!

brpo

Registered
Beautify day here in Virginia after a couple days of on and off thunderstorms. Passed 4000 miles and here are a couple of my longer term thoughts on the B King. My tires are basically square and need to be replaced badly! My overall impression of this bike has only improved over the last 7 months.

Has anyone had any actual problems with the clutch basket retaining screws backing out? Mine were fine when I checked them a couple weeks ago, but I still added blue locktite and re-torqued.

Besides soft black paint and mirrors that are marginal the only new issue I have is the ignition key hole... If you don't very precisely push it straight up and down in the middle of the ignition key hole it tends to get hung up/stuck... One time I got the key kinda jammed good and it took some careful finessing to extract... really not a big problem as I'm very careful to align the key now... just not like a car ignition - sorta self aligning from any angle! Any one notice this or do I have a one off ignition?

Bike continues to attract all sorts of attention. Cruisers folk wondering what it is... Lots of sport bikers- "first one I've seen" - "It's fast isn't it?" (well yeah, duhhh) - its cool I'd love to ride one! (not mine buddy unless you have a new V-max, K1300 s or GT, or a new 1198 ducati sport or naked to swap - (the only bikes I'm even curious about) also I've had a couple obligatory negative comments on the stock cans (nothing original just the same regurgitated magazine comments)...

By the way, I've met many bike people in the area because they know the black B-King with opitical yellow Tour Master jacket and black helmet with "Got Sig" and "legalize freedom" is me and they will come over and talk... Pretty easy to spot!

Average gas mileage 40.05 but backing about 7% based on GPS cross check speedometer/odometer its actual MPG is about 37.2. MPG falls preciptously when riding aggressively. Maybe 3 to 5 MPG... Riding aggressively mostly uphill to the Shenadoah mountains it will drop almost to 30 MPG! But coming home around 45 MPG indicated.

No mechanical problems, 1 drop, 3 oil changes and the engine seems to be running better than ever...

I have really settled in with this bike and my riding confidence level is through the roof... I had been really pushing the bike until recently but have made a concerted effort to wratchet back my enthusiasm. Had the feeling I've been tugging on the "Reapers" cape! :ghostface:

So what's up B-King riders? Who's got the most mileage? Do Kids look in awe when you ride by? Do cops eyeball ya when you ride by? Has anyone got a ticket on the B King?

Yes, I got a ticket for doing 57 in a 35. Didn't even see the cop, much less the speed limit sign. Lightened my wallet to the tune of $125.

I pretty much agree with you.....soft black paint, marginal mirrors. I even somewhat agree about the ignition key(getting hung up), although mine seems to be getting better, not worse.

I hear ya on the mileage. It sure would be nice to get another 40 or 50 miles out of a tank. Sometimes it seems all I do is stop for fuel. :sigh:

Great bike tho! Wouldn't trade it; especially considering what I paid for it.

Yesterday I rolled past 2k in my B King ( I ave been riding my other bikes as well) I am totally in love with this ugly bast*rd. I rode through 3 New England states yesterday on the way home form work. My only issue the timing restriction in the lower gears. Oh well where there is a will there is a way!

Back