B-King back in 2010

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone else hear about this. One of our members attended a bike show and heard that the B-King would be back in 2010. He also had a pic of a Kawi B-King wannabe.

It never left in europe....

I really dont see them comming back in the states since they are still sitting on a bunch of leftover 08's, does not make much financial cents,

I think the 'bombing' of the BKing in the US may have a lot to do with Suzuki's current 'position'.

And, if the BKing did so well in Europe, it would seem like they'd collect all of those remaining here in the US, re-tool them as/if necessary, and send them across the pond.

No Suzuki current "state" is crap because of there car line, Zuki dealerships going under everywhere and it all leads back to global suzuki.

It did not due great over there either, just better then here, just enough to try and get some millions back that it took them for R&D.

I spoke to two dealers in the last three weeks, and they felt Suzuki would not make it to spring. No more 4wheelers and dirt bikes. No more cars for now. And the lay-offs have destroyed what was left. Timing can be everything.

I could actually believe it for their U.S. car/truck division, since their sales and dealer network are very weak. Even so, they keep bringing out new models that are supposedly excellent (ex: Kizashi compact sedan). Apparently Suzuki car sales are much higher in Japan, where they compete head-to-head with Toyota.

What I cannot believe is that their motorcycle division in the U.S. could be about to go under. They have a lot of excellent performing bikes that are competitively priced, reliable and very durable. For the B-King, if they simply reworked the exhausts and toned down the tank side pods (+ made them a functional ram air system + allow the gas tank to hold another gallon or so), it would be a much bigger seller in the States. Also, a sport touring model or at least some nice touring accessories would help out. They just need to look at how everybody over here mods theirs and offer the same type of improvements on the stocker.

Last edited:
All sales of are down! GM, Chrysler are on life support. Ford's position is tenuous. Harley Davidson is tanking and just cut loose their hugh investment in Buell in order to steady the ship. 10% unemployment - weak dollar. When your having trouble selling Harleys in the US you know everybody else is going to be in trouble... As for the B king keep in mind there are still '08 Busas on the show room floors; Honda was giving away '08 CBR 1000 for $6999 just to get rid of them. A lot of folks don't have money or are afraid to spend money on a luxury item. The reason for pathetic slow sales...

Famous Quote

"It's the economy stupid"

Last edited:
Suzuki is not going out of business here is the deal, nothing to do with the bikes or the car company closing. Like all brand some of the car dealerships are closing.

GM Sells Suzuki Stake in Its Effort to Raise Cash. Cash-strapped General Motors will sell its entire stake in the Japanese automaker for $230 million.
G.M. Sells Suzuki Stake in Its Effort to Raise Cash

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: November 17, 2008
TOKYO (AP) — General Motors will sell its entire stake in Suzuki Motor Corporation, the Japanese automaker, for 22.37 billion yen ($230 million), G.M.’s latest move to stay afloat while awaiting a decision from Washington on aid for the industry.

Suzuki Motor Corp

Suzuki said Monday that it would buy back the 3.02 percent stake from the American auto giant, which is seeking a $25 billion government lifeline, together with the Ford Motor Company and Chrysler, to weather the deepening economic crisis.

Hit by the worst sales slump in more than 25 years and frozen credit, G.M. has warned that it might not survive through the year’s end without the federal government’s financial support.

Some Republican opponents of a bailout have branded the auto industry a “dinosaur” whose “day of reckoning” is near, while Democrats on Sunday pledged to try to get Detroit a slice of the $700 billion originally earmarked for a Wall Street rescue.

Suzuki said G.M.’s stake sale was necessary for the ailing American automaker to raise capital, but the Japanese company insisted it would continue a business partnership with G.M.

“We fully understand the necessity for G.M. to raise cash,” Suzuki’s chief executive, Osamu Suzuki, said in a statement. He said he was in close contact with Rick Wagoner, G.M.’s chief executive, and the two companies would keep joint projects, including the development of hybrid vehicles and a joint venture for sport utility vehicles in Canada.

The partnership dates to 1981 but those ties loosened after G.M. sold a 17 percent stake in Suzuki in 2006, leaving it with 3 percent.

G.M. reported on Nov. 7 that it lost $2.5 billion in the third quarter

The B Queen will not be making a come back in 2010...it was a flop in '08 and they still have bikes that they can not even give away.
Posted via Mobile Device

The B Queen will not be making a come back in 2010...it was a flop in '08 and they still have bikes that they can not even give away.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you'll tell me what dealers are trying to give them away I'll take a couple :poke:

I love my B King but it does not seem likely that it will be back in the states. We in the states are clueless about naked bikes. We buy stuff cause it "looks cool" not because it performs well or is usable. Take marginal bike wrap it in plastic , give it ergos that would make Spanish Inquisitors wince you wont be able to keep them in the show room. ( I love my 05 busa but thenumber one mod for busas are Riser's Heli Bars and Buell pegs) Build a comfortable upright seat bike that makes sense you will have left overs. To bad tooRding the B King sold it to me.

Last edited:
This was in the latest issue of AMCN magazine:

"America will feel the brunt of Suzuki's credit crunch, with Suzuki USA confirming that it will not import 2010 models, saying unsold 2009 models ought to satisfy demand. The decision was made after 434,370 models were sold in the States during the first nine months of 2009 compared to 771,950 during the same period of 2008."

This was in the latest issue of AMCN magazine:

"America will feel the brunt of Suzuki's credit crunch, with Suzuki USA confirming that it will not import 2010 models, saying unsold 2009 models ought to satisfy demand. The decision was made after 434,370 models were sold in the States during the first nine months of 2009 compared to 771,950 during the same period of 2008."

I'm happy with my '08 too :laugh:

Would I go out today and buy a brand new Busa/Bking? New Car/ Truck/ or whatever????
NOPE!!!

I'm a little too tired of seeing $60K-70K Pickup trucks, $40k-$60k Family movers, $30k college cars and $20K motorcycles after taxes and what not. DUH!!!!! HELLOOOOO!!!

you want people to buy stuff......Make it so that you can Pay for it more easily.......

I do not want easy payments of $400 Bi-weekly for the next 200 months just to have some piece o Crap with no resale value rusting in my driveway......

DROP the price! Don't extend the Financing options.....

WOULD I BUY A BKING FOR THE RIGHT PRICE>>>>>> YOU BETCHA!!

IF I CANT BUY IT CASH.....THEN I DON'T WANT IT.
CASH IS KING BABY!!!!

Last edited:
Would I go out today and buy a brand new Busa/Bking? New Car/ Truck/ or whatever????
NOPE!!!

I'm a little too tired of seeing $60K-70K Pickup trucks, $40k-$60k Family movers, $30k college cars and $20K motorcycles after taxes and what not. DUH!!!!! HELLOOOOO!!!

you want people to buy stuff......Make it so that you can Pay for it more easily.......

I do not want easy payments of $400 Bi-weekly for the next 200 months just to have some piece o Crap with no resale value rusting in my driveway......

DROP the price! Don't extend the Financing options.....

WOULD I BUY A BKING FOR THE RIGHT PRICE>>>>>> YOU BETCHA!!

IF I CANT BUY IT CASH.....THEN I DON'T WANT IT.
CASH IS KING BABY!!!!

Check around I just got mine for under $8000 new full warranty new battery and 4 year SEP warranty:thumbsup: It aint free but its less than the cost of a Bandit 1250s :beerchug:

With VW buying into Suzuki motors for 15% ownership, the 2.5 billion in cash will be a great boost to the company. On the heels of that, I have been reading news blurbs that the B-King may come back in late 2010 during other model role out?

Have to wait and see...either way Suzuki getting the money is great news if they use it correctly!

Back