The B king a speed king ?

xXBusaKingXx

Registered
so i have a hayabusa bought it becouse it is a legend in its own time an truley awsome bike and the only one with its awsome motor

or it was until they came out with the b king now it has the same motor but aparnetly the gearing is different
so how come u never see videos of dragging b kings or b king vs zzr1400 or anything of this nature
i know this bike has to be fast to be in our family of awsomeness but i want to hear some personle feed back

I owned a King before my Bus.

The gearing felt very similar.

The Bus motor actually feels stronger, FWIW.

Oh, and the Bus does not have the FI problem in 4th gear that the King has...why, I do not know.

The King has much better front brakes than the Bus stock.

I ran 10.3's on a Mk1 Busa that had Yoshi's and LOTS of practice runs.
I ran 10.3's on a Stock as a rock B-King out of the crate.
(both 40psi tyres, full height, no burnouts)
Back-to-back dyno's Busa 159hp, B-King 163hp)

The B-King is a little heavier and longer than a Busa.

Not sure about final gearing, feels very similar to a Busa,
but internal gears are the same. Whole motor is 100% Busa,
or rather the Busa is 100% B-King since it came along first.
Only ECU, airbox, exhaust loses the B-King a few pony's up top-end
but thats fixable. There are B-Kings about running between 200 and
500hp if you go down the Turbo Busa route.

There's quite a few folk using them at the drags with various mod's.
Not sure what this forums rules are on posting up links to other forums ?
but there's a HUGE amount of info on SuzukiB-King.org

KennethEdwards08B-King.jpg

KennethEdwardsB-King.jpg

check out youtube there are handful of bking drag vids

V-poor quality, but an early run on mine....
- Tony N Willowbank BK/1[/url]

Me, launching to hard with 40psi,
then getting into trouble for clowning about....
- Tony N Willowbank BK/2[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pics! :thumbsup: Considered getting the B-King

Thanks.

Its hard to chose between Busa's and Kings, both great bikes but different.
I know the US doesnt have a big following for sporty naked bikes that a lot
of the world does.

Many of the US B-King owners havent seen another, here I see one everyday
and its not that rare to go for a ride with 4 or 5 others.

A lot of the B-King owners have come from Busa's,
some of them still own a Busa as well as a B-King.

I've had 2 faired Busa's, I'd be happy sometime in the future to have
another to sit along side mine.

Its a shame most folk who judge them have not put any miles on one.
They are a lot of fun.

Stock gearing is 18/43 same as the busa. Air box, ecu and exhaust is the difference.

I think the difference in how hard it "seems" to pull is related to the position of the rider. Sitting upright just "feels" like it's pulling harder then if your tucked in, not to mention the lack of wind protection which makes it feel like your flying at 90mph. Someone like DJ or Tony who have both could better address this.

I am one of the Dual owners . My Busa is an 05 with a Stage 1 turbo and fuel rail. The B King does the give the subjective experience of coming off the line harder. Some of that has to be the result of the upright riding position ( Your body acts as a lever with bottom as a fulcrum and your head the far end of the lever) The other thing to consider is that while the Mechanicals are all the same, The Tuning is not. I am speculating here but I would guess that the cams are "degreed" from the factory and that the bike is mapped to give its best in the Mid Range.
It is because of the my experience with my B King that I am doing the Gen 2 Crank conversion and adding adjustable cam sprockets to My Hayabusa.

I own a BKing and a ZZR1400. On the same dyno, same day/conditions, the ZZR did 173 whp (stock engine, Akra cans), the BKing (a bit modified) 182 whp.
Riding both bikes, the ZZR feels faster, at least equal. Big difference is that the ZZR runs more like a turbine, smoother,no vibrations at all. I guess maybe the gearring makes the difference. As said earlier, because of the driving position it should be the King to feel faster. As soon as possible I do a head to head at different speeds and find out.

Back