Lowered My B King

keithvmx1200

Registered
Just got my B King back after getting it lowered one and a half inches, and it handles even better, I can now get my feet flat on the floor, but the bonus is that it handles even better in the twisties, I bought the kit from Fi International, but got the dealer to do the job, which took two hours, the front forks were lowered 14mm, they had to demount the rear shock, and take the spring out, so the supplied stroke limiter could be fitted, the Suzuki dealer who did it has sold a few B Kings, and when the mechanic came back after testing it, could not believe how much better it felt, he always thought they felt a bit top heavy, but was over the moon with the ease it turned in, still has same side stand, makes the bike a bit more upright, but seems safe, best mod I have done so far.
Regards Keith UK

Nice. How was the kit? Good quality, and did it fit right up without modification? I went to their website and didn't see any pics or description.

Congratz, but you know the :rulez:

:worthless:

:laugh:
Pics wont help much, unless side by side with another B King, and you know how rare it is to see more than one B King at a time, and dog bones look same as original, only when you put your leg over it, or ride it you can tell the difference.
Regards Keith UK

well, post a pic, and someone else can post a stock one in the same position.

just lowered mine 2" does seem to handle alot better.

thur b-king 030.jpg

lowered 003.jpg

i think they look cooler at stock height. something about the lines. whatever floats your bot tho.

Looks good now your ready for the drag strip...

I also lowered mines 1 inch in the rear and 5/8 in the front and a friend who use to road race helped me set up my suspension, I like how it feels now plus I am short 5'9 and now I can plant my feet...

Back