What is your mileage?

I get b/w 35 - 40 MPG with my baby!  Not complaining because my truck gets about 18 MPG!
glad to see a thread like this...Gas milage is pretty much how im justifing buying the bike...Truck takes about $350-400 a month in gas...Cut that 1/2....BUSA PAYMENT!
idea.gif
I did the same thing, Haddy!

I'm getting about 30-32mpgs with both city and highway ridding abuout 140 per tank when the low fuel light comes on.

Umm here is what you do so you never have to worry about gas milage again.  Just fill it when it is empty, ride till the low fuel light comes on, then put more gas in and keep riding.  Don't get any freakin reciepts, don't spend time worrying about it.  If you wanted good gas milage you should have bought a freakin Vespa.  You bought the ultimate big badass sport Bike. The Lamborghini Mercilagio of sport bikes who gives a rats ass about the milage?  This is NOT why you bought a Busa.  I take my Amex, swipe it at the pump, fill my tank, no reciept, I don't even look at the amount, who cares?  Ride that mutha, ride it hard and fast or slow and relaxed, make sure your having fun.  You bought the big One, Fug the Fuel Milage.  Twist that throttle, burn through tires ever 2K miles, change the oil every 3K miles, follow the service schedule and ride the sh!t outta it...  
laugh.gif

Gotta bunch of penny pinching hen's running around here.  If you ride the Busa like it deserves and should be ridden, your going to get shitty milage, your going to eat tires like Like Krispy Kreme doughnuts, revel in it, appreciate that 1300 cc's can so effectively burn fuel and move you like this thing does... RIDE DAMNIT RIDE!!!!!  
wow.gif

Holy crap!

"I wanna use $1 a gallon oil.---Can I re-use my Air Filter?   ---How do I get the most Milage out of my rear tire? ---Can I do the initial service myself?  ---Are Chen-Shin tires any good?"[/QUOTE]  On and On...  Folks you bought a SPORT BIKE, and Just like a Sports Car, they have appetites of their own that are pricey.  You didn't buy the Honda Accord of Bikes, we bought the Fastest EVER MADE!!!!  Simply Budget each month a couple hundred for the Busa and don't worry about it...  RIDE IT!  

I am not made of money, far from it.  But damnit, quit worrying over gas prices, don't drive ten miles outta your way to save 4 cents a gallon.  Treat your bike like a beautiful woman, treat her like a queen, give her the best of everything, and she will reward you in ways you cannot imagine.  Have fun damnit!  That's the whole reason we are out there!

Nothing But love you all, Don't get ole' Rev wrong...  Now RIDE DAMN YOU RIDE!!!!!  
wink.gif

Very Well put ReV thats the mentality i have but i still keep track i went through 4 tires in 10,000 miles of my riding last year probly won't do that this year i got a big ol fat cruiser to share them miles lol
tounge.gif

My brother and I were coming back from Reno over the weekend. From Reno till I stopped for gas my fuel mileage computer on the bike sat the entire way at 50 mpg. I went 204 miles, light had not come on yet and I only was able to get 3.8 gallons in it. Thats about 53.5 mpg. I could not believe it.
super.gif

03 Busa all stock 1500 miles

I was around 32 to 35 before my speeding ticket...LOL....Now I am showing 38 to 40. Around 150 to 140 is when I get some gas but hey if you want gas milage then get a moped or a hybrid.

I don't think I've ever broken 30mpg. I don't think I'm really hard on the throttle. Does crappy gas mileage indicate some problem (running rich, etc.)?

--Juggler

Revlis couldn't have said it better. And btw, I get 90-115miles to the tank after my recent mods.

If you wanted good gas milage you should have bought a freakin Vespa.  You bought the ultimate big badass sport Bike. The Lamborghini Mercilagio of sport bikes who gives a rats ass about the milage?
 ......................  Twist that throttle, burn through tires ever 2K miles, change the oil every 3K miles, follow the service schedule and ride the sh!t outta it...  
laugh.gif
Damn Rev................you get straight to the point...............................................

Love it!!!!
wink.gif

AAAssjani.gif

Great way to put it Rev, I just got my busa last weekend, a leftover 03, brand new. I'm still breaking it in, got 500km on it now, so my question is: When will I see a change in mileage?

So far it seems to really like gasoline and I haven't been over 6000 rpm. Will the mileage get much better once it's fully broken in?

Sorry for resurrecting this old post, but it's the newest one I found when I searched. (at least I searched, right)
wink.gif

The only problem with the Busa is range. I am getting 41-42 highway at sea level and about 44 at 6000 ft. In town it drops to 36-38 - 35 if I am racing. So with 4.3 usable gallons before the low light comes on, that means a range of 145 to 190 miles max between gas stations. Not quite enough in Nevada deserts. 220 would be better.

I noticed that the fuel mileage computer is accurate even though the speedo is off by 8% fast. Strange but true....The gallons at fill up multipled by the MPG from the dash gave me an answer about 8% lower than the odometer miles which I know is high by 8%. Anybody else get this result?
So is there really a useable 5.5 in there and can the bike pick all of it up? I got the light at 4.4 gallons used. Was I about to run out or did I have another 1.1 gals left?

I get about that many miles per gallon and about that many miles to the tank. When i see the red light come on I know i gotta get outta the throttle and come to a stop near a gas pump before I'm pushing her. I fill the tank sloshing it left and right to get the air bubble filled so I won't have to stop so soon the next time. Hit the "No" Button on the pump, say thanks to the guy drooling at the pump across from me filling his mini van and ignoring his screaming brats, suit up and get back on the throttle. I think gas costs me about that much per day unless I go a little further then it costs me a little more...I think. Did that answer your question? I can tell you that sustaining speeds over 150 for ANY length of time you can literally watch the gas gauge fall...it's TRULY entertaining!
biggrin.gif

Rev, you are absolutely right. However, I like to have a minimum of 150 miles between fuel stops. Makes trip planning much easier.

Someone made a comment in this thread that with exhaust mods, the fuel mileage drops significantly.

Is this true? how about just slip-ons?

I want some sound man, but not if it puts me @ 125 miles per tank. I bought this puppy to ride. I don't like to stop!

i get around 34-36 mpg outta my 05 busa,,but she only has 600 miles on her,,when i first got her it said 22 ,but went up from there i guess she was a little tight right at first,,hehe

Back