What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Yes, mine has been resprayed. . . yours is obviously original paint from 1999 and looks a bit lighter in colour than mine.
Mine was originally a red/black 1999, vin number is very low. JS1A1131400100059
I'm also running a full Akra stainless system and 2004 model forks. Original forks were worn in the slider bushing so it was cheaper to buy a good used set of forks to replace them.
She has 152,000kms on it now, I've done 77,000km, but in my 10 tears of owning it, it has had a LOT of love!
I've replaced every chassis bearing there is to replace, I've overhauled the forks and the shock, overhauled brakes, new clutch, . . the list goes on!
It's never had the engine out or the head off, it's had reconditioned cams and new camchain, but no internal engine work, gearbox is sweet and no false neutrals or jumping out of gear.
Nice to see there's 2 of us here with the legendary Copper Busa!
DIdn't you buy chinese allied express type bodywork kits they painted up like a copper Gen 1 ?

I was up at 0 dark hundred this morning and was out in the garage mulling over whether I put the Bazzaz back into the bike after I went onto the site and the unit communicated with the site....something it wouldn't do before.

However..........I decided not to because if it leaves me on the side of the road again, I would be beyond pissed off.....

I think I will just chuck it out...I have it and the ZFI fuel mapper that replaces the O2 sensor.....

Like most of you, I hold the Silver Streak to a high level of mechanical refinement…

Today was “light check day.” Evidently the rear brake light switch was out of adjustment. I wonder how long it's been like that? (Mind flashes back to that tanker truck of rocket fuel that stopped behind me in a haze of tire smoke...)

Picked her up today. Added all the carbon shown, exhaust, tune, flashbacks front and rear

IMG_2546.jpg

Hmm, never heard of either term relative to what I call blinkers or winkers. Cool idea though. Where are you from?
I'm in the US. I bought them here.

Yes I see that in your profile. If you don’t want to narrow it down, fine. No one lists their street address but most give the city or state. I’m just outside a lil country town of Coarsegold CA, about 23 miles from the southern entrance to Yosemite NP. Prime riding country in the Sierra foothills or mountain passes. :)

Yes I see that in your profile. If you don’t want to narrow it down, fine. No one lists their street address but most give the city or state. I’m just outside a lil country town of Coarsegold CA, about 23 miles from the southern entrance to Yosemite NP. Prime riding country in the Sierra foothills or mountain passes. :)
I'm in Missouri

We all come to those cross roads at one time or another.....

I've been contemplating this move myself.

This is my last bike so I'm holding onto it but there are days that I just have interest in riding it.
In comparison of selling maybe it is worth to consider option B: a bike display in your living room. With a brass cordon around with red safety cord and specifications somewhere with some description like in the museum and just wonder around. Your money in the safe place in the bike anyway. A Bumblebee exhibition.

Something like this

In comparison of selling maybe it is worth to consider option B: a bike display in your living room. With a brass cordon around with red safety cord and specifications somewhere with some description like in the museum and just wonder around. Your money in the safe place in the bike anyway. A Bumblebee exhibition.

Something like this
......maybe if the girl came with it........LOL!

Back