What’s your Fuel Mileage

SSGT_B

Registered
So I filled up the bike for the 1st time. @1/4 tank. Put in 4.77gal with 152 miles on the clock. My math says 31.8mpg. Once the tuner gets in and run the auto tune for a bit I hope to see that increase. What are y’all getting? My Busa got 33mpg

So I filled up the bike for the 1st time. @1/4 tank. Put in 4.77gal with 152 miles on the clock. My math says 31.8mpg. Once the tuner gets in and run the auto tune for a bit I hope to see that increase. What are y’all getting? My Busa got 33mpg

I average 36-38 with the Busa, 46+ on the Z and my best with the Lexus was 27.5. At $6 per gallon a 3,000 mile tour would cost almost $500, almost $400 and over $650 respectively.

Last time I did the math on the busa it was about 40-42MPG running a 19t from sprocket and 42t rear.

Both of my girls get in the ball park of 41 -43 mpg but I am running larger tanks.

KTM was getting 51 mpg.

my old 1340 - would run 51mpg (UK) 43 US mpg on a ride out

1407 cc upgrade does 48mpg (UK) now 40 US mpg on similar ride

It’s a tough question because it totally depends on your throttle habits.
My ‘99’s trip computer calculates when I’m cruising at 100-110kmh (in cop infested areas) I’m getting 20 km to the litre.
That’s 50miles to the US gallon approx, but if I’m wicking it up a bit, it sinks to 16 km to the liter, 40 mpg.
Everyone’s bike is differently tuned too, my PC3 had a generic map downloaded and it was running way too rich… I leaned it right off using the buttons on the unit, and it runs so much better now, and uses a lot less fuel too!

Yikes!! Is this on your new bike? What is it again? A Harley? I’ve forgotten the model… refresh my memory please mate!
I guess that’s the price you pay for lugging around half a ton of Milwaukee Iron lol
…. 33 mpg on your Busa, you must’ve been full throttle everywhere, or it was running very rich and needed tuning lol

17/39 T. My bike computer said mid 40's cruising the back roads the other day. On the highway ride home, pushing gusty winds at 85 mph, she indicted mid 30's.

A147D441-8C55-4315-921F-5184F4D449B4-M.jpg

Yikes!! Is this on your new bike? What is it again? A Harley? I’ve forgotten the model… refresh my memory please mate!
I guess that’s the price you pay for lugging around half a ton of Milwaukee Iron lol
…. 33 mpg on your Busa, you must’ve been full throttle everywhere, or it was running very rich and needed tuning lol
Yea it’s a 2018 ultra limited. The Harley forums are claiming over 40, I’m not sure if the PO even tuned for the mods but the tuner is on the way. I never could get the Busa over 33. It needed a dynontune. Ran rich all the time. I was always smelling like fuel after a ride.

Back