Gas Mileage

rdnckjim

Registered
Got done with my brocks alienhead full system and pc5 about a month ago and it seems like my mileage has gone to crap. I am at 45 miles on the trip and tank is almost at a 1/2. Now the obvious answer is getting a handful of throttle and yes I did for a lil while but I have backed off and still seems to not get much better. I haven't been to a tuning center yet. Probably this summer but will a dyno session help out with mileage at all? What could I have done that would impact the mileage that bad? Any ideas would be amazing right now. Thanks everyone

You will see more power from the setup likely than you are right now... However, chances are that the new exhaust actually causes the bike to go more LEAN than anything...

Anyhow, did you load the PCV map from dynojet for your specific setup at the very least (not the one that it ships with, unless you had other arrangements made)..... If you did, then the map could be causing you to be on the fat side of things now.... I think dynojet likes to set their maps at 12.8-13.2 : 1 all over the place even at idle etc.

So your MPG could be suffering....

I guess in summary the point is, you dont know till you get it on the dyno and get some AFR readings... Thats about the only way you'll know if your still being heavy handed on the grip or if shes just fat as hell..

2003 with brocks gen 3 street smart, BMC race filter, -1 front, pair blocked, flapper removed. ECU tuned

i get 22 MPG in town and 35-36 on highway... all these mods, NO ECU NO PC i got 25 in town, 42.6 highway..

2003 with brocks gen 3 street smart, BMC race filter, -1 front, pair blocked, flapper removed. ECU tuned

i get 22 MPG in town and 35-36 on highway... all these mods, NO ECU NO PC i got 25 in town, 42.6 highway..

No ecu??How did it run without it??:laugh:

Completely stock

40-45 town
50+ highway

I dont get on it to much,dont need one of those expensive pieces of paper from the flashing lights guy...lol

I was getting over 50mpg highway when mine was stock, and it dropped to about 45 with the Alienhead and Johnny Cheese tune. I believe that the reason for our O2 sensors is because the ECU leans out the mixture when cruising (or do I have that backwards)? 45 miles on half a tank doesn't sound right unless you're cruising at 120 or running 9-second quarter miles everywhere you go.

Back