330 Fat Tire Kit Gas Mileage

uncme24

Registered
I have a 330 +10 set up with dual shorty exhaust and power commander. Going with fat tire setup, I knew I was going to take a hit in the fuel department. However this seems a lil extreme to me. I get close to 150 miles per tank. Is this the norm or is there anything I can do to improve gas mileage? I was thinking about getting a 4 Into 1 Brocks shorty exhaust setup. Any suggestions?

The best fuel economy will come from a completely stock bike well maintained. The lighter the rider the better. Obviously your set up is gonna cost you fuel economy. The Brocks exhaust will greatly improve your performance but probably will not help you as far as fuel economy goes. It will flow more air, requiring more fuel, making more power.

The best fuel economy will come from a completely stock bike well maintained. The lighter the rider the better. Obviously your set up is gonna cost you fuel economy. The Brocks exhaust will greatly improve your performance but probably will not help you as far as fuel economy goes. It will flow more air, requiring more fuel, making more power.

Thx. Robert

Whats your height an weight??? If you are happy with the looks and ride maybe you just need to be able to carry more gas aux tank in the hump ??? or something like that. custom fuel tank with an extra 1.5 or 2 gallons.

If you are not touring I don't see it as a big deal you stop more often. If you are touring and are worried about maybe running into a road with a large distance between gas stations tourtank.com has some compact solutions canisters and such. But touring on a 300 doesn't sound like a good idea considering the cost and mileage out of that tire :laugh:

tourtank.jpg

Not for everyone but he solved his problem :whistle:

tourtank.jpg

Like on cars and trucks wider heavier tires do affect mileage somewhat.

If you spent the money for a 330 kit why are you worried about a couple miles per gallon?

Back