Westboro Church plans to protest funerals of Arizona shooting victims

Comparing the number of guns owned by responsible folks to the number of guns owned by the irresposible will yield and incalculable percentage.
Unfortunately we have only heard about this shooting because it fits the needs of the news and establishment. We do not hear daily all the times a gun in the hands of a good person saves a life or does right with it. Terrible tragedy this is for sure but again this should not be used as more need for more laws and stricter gun control.

Guns in the hands of good men is what created this country and that is a fact that should never change lest what those guns created be changed itself.

The fact of the matter is people died and that cannot be changed.
I do not own a gun nor do I want to. I have no need to. My rights my rights! you all scream,
What about the rights of the 9 year old that is now dead?
I do not understand the reasoning behind wanting to own a gun. They are made for a specific purpose. Do not hand me that target practice BS. Yes Blanca I understand the philosophy of guns don't kill people, people kill people. So, do we get rid of people? You can have all the laws in the land, as long as there are hand guns/rifles, we will have more terrible tragic incidents to live through and cope with.

I'm not looking for a pissing match with gun owners, I have friends that own and carry, super responsible individuals. I just think there is a better way to avoid such tragedies.

In a free society, there is risk. Risk that someone will 'slip thru the cracks'. I'd rather be free and have some acceptable risk (mitigated by my ability to protect myself and my family) than to live where the government 'protects' you and decides how much freedom you have...

Back to the OT, Westboro, whether we like it or not, is protected by the First Amendment, and they will go to court over the law just passed and win. The way to shut them down is to NOT take a pic, NOT shoot any video, TOTALLY IGNORE THEM.

In a free society, there is risk. Risk that someone will 'slip thru the cracks'. I'd rather be free and have some acceptable risk (mitigated by my ability to protect myself and my family) than to live where the government 'protects' you and decides how much freedom you have...

Back to the OT, Westboro, whether we like it or not, is protected by the First Amendment, and they will go to court over the law just passed and win. The way to shut them down is to NOT take a pic, NOT shoot any video, TOTALLY IGNORE THEM.

Yup, couldn't agree more.

Our country is going to s@it very fast. There is nothing we can do about it either. The people of the USA will NOT stick together and fight our great government! All we can do is hold on for the ride.

wbc is a bunch of attorneys. they're just waiting for someone to do something to them so they can sue the perp, and the local government for not protecting, the feds for something else, etc.

Arizona knows they will lose in court. They just need to win the battle to be able to enforce this law this week for the funeral. I bet they can keep it tied up in courts for a few days.

The fact of the matter is people died and that cannot be changed.
I do not own a gun nor do I want to. I have no need to. My rights my rights! you all scream,
What about the rights of the 9 year old that is now dead?
I do not understand the reasoning behind wanting to own a gun. They are made for a specific purpose. Do not hand me that target practice BS. Yes Blanca I understand the philosophy of guns don't kill people, people kill people. So, do we get rid of people? You can have all the laws in the land, as long as there are hand guns/rifles, we will have more terrible tragic incidents to live through and cope with.

I'm not looking for a pissing match with gun owners, I have friends that own and carry, super responsible individuals. I just think there is a better way to avoid such tragedies.

the biggest danger to any american is death by automobile....

so if you really are concerned about the safety of others, start outlawing cars.

WBC is only doing gods work....

I thought this country was going to hell because we were taking god out of everything....

now I see we want silence the word of god......

For shame.....

Surely you jest ?

Yes....

But once again the hypocrisy is too much to ignore.

We can go weeks discussing "one nation under god", we will could fill pages of anti gay, anti gay rights, anti gay agenda...and anti-gay marriage" and that does not even get into DADT and the anti gays in the military nonsense we hear on this board.

Hear is a group that is Christian, anti-gay rights, and is using thier constitutionally protected right to free speech, and freedom of religion.

not only that, these people are condemming the gov. for accepting the gay lifestyle and its agenda.....and telling us to wake up because we are feeling gods wrath because of it.

how can you denounce WBC, yet support all they stand for?

the biggest danger to any american is death by automobile....

so if you really are concerned about the safety of others, start outlawing cars.

Where does it end? It doesn't.
People need to take responsibility for their own actions and be held accountable.
It's not the car, the gun , the knife, etc.

No, Afterhours I'm really not on a personal crusade to save the human race.
Actually I could care less if the herd was thinned a little. What makes me sick is the lack of the accountability piece, bad parenting, immediate gratification and piss poor attitude.

Where does it end? It doesn't.
People need to take responsibility for their own actions and be held accountable.
It's not the car, the gun , the knife, etc.

No, Afterhours I'm really not on a personal crusade to save the human race.
Actually I could care less if the herd was thinned a little. What makes me sick is the lack of the accountability piece, bad parenting, immediate gratification and piss poor attitude.

I support thinning of the herd....

Yes....

We can go weeks discussing "one nation under god", we will could fill pages of anti gay, anti gay rights, anti gay agenda...and anti-gay marriage" and that does not even get into DADT and the anti gays in the military nonsense we hear on this board.

Hear is a group that is Christian, anti-gay rights, and is using thier constitutionally protected right to free speech, and freedom of religion.

not only that, these people are condemming the gov. for accepting the gay lifestyle and its agenda.....and telling us to wake up because we are feeling gods wrath because of it.

To associate most Christians with the likes of the WBC is to associate most liberals with Micheal Moore, Code Red and MoveON.org. We may agree with their principles in some part, but not their practices. You may be proud of that association, but I certainly wouldn't look to kindly upon it.

To associate most Christians with the likes of the WBC is to associate most liberals with Micheal Moore, Code Red and MoveON.org. We may agree with their principles in some part, but not their practices. You may be proud of that association, but I certainly wouldn't look to kindly upon it.

Moore is a fat, popous, horses ass....

+1
I may in part agree with WBC for saying we as a nation are losing touch with God but I WOULD NEVER THINK ABOUT ATTENDING A FUNERAL WITH ANY INTENT OTHER THAN PAYING MY RESPECTS.

They may purport themselves to be Christian but no real Christian would attend anothers funeral and make an ass out of himself .

Yes....

just because they claim to be christian, doesn't mean they are. next, we never condemned gays, gay rights, or gay marriage on this website (i didn't). i said i don't think a civil union (gay marriage) and an actual marriage in a church carry the same weight, nor should they enjoy the same privileges. i don't mind gays in the military, but dadt is in place for a reason. and these wbc wackos are saying that even children deserve gods wrath. and while, yes, we're all sinners, born of sin, and undeserving of god's grace, telling the family of gays, children, soldiers, (basically anyone who isn't in their church) at the funeral that the decedent is going to burn in hell for eternity regardless of the deceased person's relationship with god is totally wrong.

just because they claim to be christian, doesn't mean they are. next, we never condemned gays, gay rights, or gay marriage on this website (i didn't). i said i don't think a civil union (gay marriage) and an actual marriage in a church carry the same weight, nor should they enjoy the same privileges. i don't mind gays in the military, but dadt is in place for a reason. and these wbc wackos are saying that even children deserve gods wrath. and while, yes, we're all sinners, born of sin, and undeserving of god's grace, telling the family of gays, children, soldiers, (basically anyone who isn't in their church) at the funeral that the decedent is going to burn in hell for eternity regardless of the deceased person's relationship with god is totally wrong.

I agree with all that you have said.....

However christianity has long history of forcing its views upon people by questionable methods.

what we may see as indecent, these WBC do not. They are in fact on a mission for thier god.

Who is to say they are wrong?

so burning in hell for supporting the gay agenda is too far?

they are not in line with what I, and other christians i know, believe to be true. they are off in their own little world. the same way osama and his terrorists give muslims a bad name, wbc gives us a bad name.

Back