Went to the gun range...

Welcome back to the Working World Doug - I know it feels good to you for SO many reasons. Good things come to good people :laugh:

I work for a really good company... We do manager offsites every quarter, this time we went to the gun range... Shot my AR's and pistols... Was a good time shooting at an air conditioned range with my peers while getting paid... The company paid for it all...

Anyone else have something similiar? A perk at work that most others don't have?

Yeah, twice a year , sometimes more often the company pays for ammo, targets, earplugs, and I get to throw a few hundred rounds down range. I use to work at a place that made me run an obstacle course and shoot on the move every month, now that was fun. :laugh:

That's a very nice perk. I work for a big company so no special perks here( although they pay very well).

Our last quarterly outing spanned 4 local breweries on a party bus.

I got to work yesterday and a co-worker says the Boss is putting on a spread. I ask what is the occasion? He says I don`t know.
Boss comes into the control room and talks about what we need to get done before the cooking gets started.

He brought marinated tri-tip, sausages, tater salad, mac salad, garlic bread, baked beans, sodas, and a very large apple pie. It was a good eat.

Really were surprised at this, as our boss does not spend his money to feed us. Enjoyed the eats. Nice perk.

We get to strip search dozens of people a day......

Well, I guess since a lot of them stink and they are inmates, it is not really a perk:whistle:

Well, I guess since a lot of them stink and they are inmates, it is not really a perk:whistle:

Ugg Sorry....

I get to come to work everyday and keep my job. Does that count?

yes it does! Many people would not see just having a job as a perk... I do, after 19 months of unemployment I appreciate my job more.

Ugg Sorry....

yes it does! Many people would not see just having a job as a perk... I do, after 19 months of unemployment I appreciate my job more.

Well then captain I have a perk. But the perk I would really love to have at my job is to fire all the really dumb people I have to deal with here. That would make me love my job way more

Well then captain I have a perk. But the perk I would really love to have at my job is to fire all the really dumb people I have to deal with here. That would make me love my job way more

I think that is one that we all would like that have a couple of days every year..

Dude the thing I hate the most is when you say take off the shoes and socks. The visual and the odor :puke:

Yea i'm with black diamond, i get to keep my job :laugh:

We get quarterly profit sharing bonus's (usually just a few hundred bucks) and a big turkey before christmas. No real rewarding perks but i cant complain, i'm with a great company and with a multi million dollar owner that comes down and will walk the floor and you can toss your feet on his desk and sit there and shoot the bull, i think i can survive.

Back