Home on the Range!

MY close friend has the thick wallet ( no kids / wife / girlfriend ) he can afford it . He just needed some more brass for reloading .
My former colleague has around $8k into his rifle which is now out-lawed due to the rifle ban from our government....he can't buy ammo for it now he told me as that ammo is banned as well.

He has enough brass for reloading which he will start doing...although the casings can only be reused so many times...

This is his rifle...sitting in my store room

20210711_161826.jpg

Last edited:
So what does banned mean? You can't buy it or can't possesss it? Can he order rounds from the US?
My guess is that a .338? So the muzzle velocity is to high which makes it illegal now in canada. Technically the law isnt 100% in place yet so he can still use it but the plan is to have a buy back program. But he is allowed to own it as long as it never leaves his gun cabinet. Nice ornament though!

So what does banned mean? You can't buy it or can't possesss it? Can he order rounds from the US?
My guess is that a .338? So the muzzle velocity is to high which makes it illegal now in canada. Technically the law isnt 100% in place yet so he can still use it but the plan is to have a buy back program. But he is allowed to own it as long as it never leaves his gun cabinet. Nice ornament though!
Just like @JeffSyh said, He can't sell it, use it or transport it....

With the recent gun ban in place, it has a higher than legal kilojoule muzzle velocity...so is now banned. We are not allowed to import rounds into Canada as they are now banned as well.

He is holding onto it just in case the next government who comes into power gets a clue and trashes this gun ban...

I have a few weapons in the same boat...put away until I can use them again...if there is a mandatory gun grab, they will get mine in small cut up pieces...

This is my go to rifle (Remington 700 SP in 7.62) for target shooting....I can still take it to the range whenever it opens...

aac-sd-026.jpg

Last edited:
I got a rifle given to me, it is a Mossberg Night Train in .308...it has had 5 rounds shot through it...I know they are at the lower end of rifles but I will take it to the range sometime and see if I can get it dialed in...maybe I'll give to my older son who doesn't have a rifle yet... (that is if his wife will let him have one).

My older brother who worked for government housing as a maintenance guy used to get rifles and shot guns given to him all the time by the seniors who moved in...many of them had nobody to give them to...he'd try and pay them but said it was a real chore to give them money as they'd actually get angry if he tried to pay them...so he'd be sneaky and get them something nice for their apartments instead..

I think he has something like 35 rifles and shotguns now...

My former colleague has around $8k into his rifle which is now out-lawed due to the rifle ban from our government....he can't buy ammo for it now he told me as that ammo is banned as well.

He has enough brass for reloading which he will start doing...although the casings can only be reused so many times...

This is his rifle...sitting in my store room

View attachment 1639228
Appears to be a PGW Timberwolf - .338 Lapua or .300 Norma. I’ve had the pleasure of sending a few rounds down range through one.

Was kind of bored so dug out the free Mossberg I got and decided to blast a few rounds through it at my buddy's farm...

Set up 5 water bottles on hay bales at around 100 m and hit them all...with 5 rounds....the water bottles basically disappeared..

The only .308 I had were the Super Hornady SST rounds which was a real waste for me to shoot but oh well....

IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0143.JPG

Back