Sunday Busa Ride(to the shooting range)

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
OOPP's did I say shooting range, I guess I mean "sighting in" range.

"Sighting In" range is a new term for me, if you look at the rules, they want you to shoot at paper targets then take your stuff and go home. NO HANDGUNS ALLOWED.

I guess I'm too oldschool, back in Colorado a shooting range was just that. You brought in targets, etc, used common sense, shot in the correct direction, then cleaned up your trash.

Virginia is very pro-gun, but it is amazingly difficult to find a "Public" range, this range,I went to is in Ameilia:

Amelia Wildlife Management Area (WMA)

This range is only about 20 minutes south of me, so it is convienient. My next gun purchase will be a Civilian M-14, the M1A. I guess this seems like a good place to "sight in" but not have "safe fun"

Too bad the gate was closed when I got there, Ill get actual range pictures next trip.

Anyone ever been to a "Sighting In Range"?, Is this typical?

Busa.jpg

Last edited:
I got there too early, electronic gate kept me out of the actual range

Gate.jpg

:laugh:

I like the part about "area subject to surveillance by camera and plain clothes personnel."

Kinda seems like a NAZI shooting range:wtf:

Will they arrest you if it looks like you are having fun:firing::dunno::omg:

holy gehy. no pistols? come to mich and youd see a fun time. the m14 is my next purchase but itd be a safe queen to be shot only a few times here and there. i love those.

Back