Two days at the range shooting .

c10

Registered
Picked up Hunter from NAS in Pensacola Florida on Friday. Saturday night we hit the indoor range for a few hours. Pumped about 600 rounds through a Smith & Wesson stainless J frame five shoot. Managed to wear a blister that reared its pain at the outdoor range we were invited to today.
I have not burned through ammo like this in years. The close friend of mine brought out some radical hand guns built for speed shooting, and competing. The 460 he carried through Alaska on a motorcycle trip he did at 21 years old. It was a heavy hitting beast.
The combat. 45 acp revolver was really my favorite. Speed loader for the 460 was huge.

DSC_0830.JPG

DSC_0832.JPG

DSC_0834.JPG

DSC_0835.JPG

That looks like fun.! I was spending a lot on ammo monthly, but haven’t been to the ramge in months. I miss it, but that’s one expensive hobby. If I was rich, I would get involved in competition shooting. Those shooters are amazing.!

I had collected a fair amount of ammo over the years , and had hung up shooting for the most part due to cost. My favorite range had made some major changes that took the facility down hill. The last two days burned through most of the ammo leaving enough for home defense .

Going back in time . Same young man with a 1911 . Range said he couldn't fire the large pistol so drove him out to the farm . He was 11 I think . Gave him one in the pipe each time ( nothing in the mag ) Hunter has always managed to be a very good shooter .

Picked up my Ruger Hawkeye Long Range Target in .300 Win Mag(with a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25X50 scope,bipod,etc.)yesterday and hoping to hit the range next weekend,have a well set up outdoor range not far from Red that goes out to 890 yds.

This guy's pretty incredible,this video shows him hitting a 24"x24" steel plate(with a lot of cross wind)at just under 2 miles.Hits it at around the 6:25 mark,then at 7:39 and again at 13:05 flies a drone over and back to get a feel of the actual distance.Ordered one of his custom muzzle brakes which I'm hoping will get here any day,shows it left Australia on Dec. 11th(maybe going through customs?).

Last edited:
Picked up Hunter from NAS in Pensacola Florida on Friday. Saturday night we hit the indoor range for a few hours. Pumped about 600 rounds through a Smith & Wesson stainless J frame five shoot. Managed to wear a blister that reared its pain at the outdoor range we were invited to today.
I have not burned through ammo like this in years. The close friend of mine brought out some radical hand guns built for speed shooting, and competing. The 460 he carried through Alaska on a motorcycle trip he did at 21 years old. It was a heavy hitting beast.
The combat. 45 acp revolver was really my favorite. Speed loader for the 460 was huge.

View attachment 1590369

View attachment 1590370

View attachment 1590371

View attachment 1590372
Awesome! Looks like you and Hunter had a blast. I had never been to a range let alone fired a gun until last year. In New York guns and ranges are not that popular. I was away in PA and went, it was a lot of fun. I know what your saying bout expense though it was like $60 - $70 and I only fired 3 guns.
What guns do you own?

Awesome! Looks like you and Hunter had a blast. I had never been to a range let alone fired a gun until last year. In New York guns and ranges are not that popular. I was away in PA and went, it was a lot of fun. I know what your saying bout expense though it was like $60 - $70 and I only fired 3 guns.
What guns do you own?
Just a few pistols, one 12g pump shotgun, three rifles { two in. 22LR} one in. 30 cal

What guns do you own?
Don't rent guns from a range & they jerk you by maintaining you must purchase their over priced ammo. Go with friends that shoot have fun & get to shoot many guns for free & get ideas on what fits the hand, feel, what points naturally. You gain 1st hand experience on what works for you not what you think you will like; maybe even training from these people again free. I have done this for friends new to the sport & they go away happy & informed.

Back