Shooting range idea-revisited

NCBusa2001

Registered
In years past there was an interest in finding a shooting range locally. However we were unable to find one close by.

My last trip to the area in December I happened to find one. It's called Dirty John Shooting Range. It looks like a state run range. If you take 129 to 74 and head toward Sylvia. Then turn onto Wayah road (with all the waterfalls) and head towards Franklin. The range is a left turn a few miles up the road.

Here's a pdf map of the area. http://m.yahoo.com/rs/aHR0cDovL3d3d...vb3RpbmcgcmFuZ2UgbWFwBHNlYwN3ZWIEc2xrA3dlYg--

Looks like a 100 yard range.

Just a FYI.

Cheers,
Chris

I may bring a few guns up to shoot, If we get a Rainy Day, Or may head up to the Bike musuem, Have not been there yet. Good to know there is a range in the area. Last time i had a coupe of pistols and Not a DROP of Rain. It was a Good 5 days of Riding.. :laugh:

I'm hoping to make it to the bash. I missed both of them last year due to spinal issues. I hoping I might feel better by next month.

I miss being able to ride all the time.

Last edited:
Sounds like fun! May bring a small one with me... If the weather goes crappy.. something to do! Good idea Chris!

Do they have a pistol range too?

I'll bring my S&W .40, which I never leave home without. : D

I'd be interested in doing some shotgun shooting if someone can bring one, as I've never had a chance to shoot one before.

Colton

PS: We will be there the 21-24th of April.

From what I've read, it's a 100 yard range with target stands at 25, 50 and 75 yards.

Don't know if dynamic shooting is allows. It's probably a static setup behind a set firing line.

Cheers,
Chris

Do they have a pistol range too?

I'll bring my S&W .40, which I never leave home without. : D

I'd be interested in doing some shotgun shooting if someone can bring one, as I've never had a chance to shoot one before.

Colton

PS: We will be there the 21-24th of April.

100 yards is a pistol range, where you from :whistle:

:laugh:

Kids.... Geeze lol. If dat the case ill look into bringing the m4 too.

Kids.... Geeze lol. If dat the case ill look into bringing the m4 too.

I was thinking of stopping by there during a motorcycle ride and shooting handguns. If you sling the thing during the ride I'll give you a buffalo nickel (and take lots of pictures :) )

woaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh a buffalo nickel....man i got to get me ...another...one of them!!!! lol ....researching rifle carry rules in those states as we speak...ammo seperate and locked up..... how much can i pack under my hump....ohhhhh must be sure lol

Ok seriously are we going to try this? I just dont want to look silly being only one thinking of getting some lead time?

I'm bringing my .40 as well as a .357 magnum, and a small assortment of other guns.

I'll have tons of ammo for the .40, and a bunch for the .357 as well, so anyone that would like to shoot can try mine out a bit.

.... so long as they fund the BEER while I'm cleaning them.... :D

I'm going to try to find a .306, I've been dying to shoot one.

that and a 12 gauge, I've never even shot a shotgun before... embarrassing.

Chris your m4 is .223 correct? that's a fun little gun, a friend of mine that's in the marines brought up his AR14 to the range... that was a fun time until he gave me the wrong mag and I was shooting tracer rounds and hollow points at an indoor range. needless to say, we weren't there much longer.

Yes .223 and my .40 i could bring my 7.62x 54 naigent or my 7.62 nato royal enfield

Back