went down

bone

Registered
no i didnt wreck the busa. i dropped my xr650l at a near stopped speed on an incline and ripped my collar bone from the tendons. (clutch side). the doc said 3 weeks in the arm sling. anybody out there ever done this, and when do you believe i can get back on a bike? sux bad also cause this is offshore fishing time and we were planning on buying a new boat this next weekend. no bike damage, had a guy at work do the same thing 3 months ago, only he ran off the road at 50mph and totalled his cruiser. thanks for any info. cant wait to get on the busa, just dont want to push it.

bone

never happrnrd to me
that sux indeed
mad.gif

get well soon, don't push it like you said
it could make it worst

Don't stay in a sling for 3 weeks unless you really think you need to. Your shoulder will become very stiff and weak. When I did mine, I had my arm out of the sling the next day, at least part time, working on getting the range of motion back. Go to a Vitamine Cottage or GNC and ask them for Glucosamine. Take about 2 or 3 times the recomended daily dose for about 3 months. It has ingredients that will help your joint rebuild itself. My Chiropractor recomended this when I was hurt. I think it helped a lot. By 4 days after my accident I could lift my arm over my head again (although very slowly). By 1 month after the accident I was back on my bike. My shoulder hurt but I did ok on shorter rides. Be patient and rember that your shoulder will probably never be the same as it once was (depending on the severity of your separation). Since your AC joint will not be as strong, you will have to build up the surrounding musculature.

Good luck!

What the Big W said. You can also look for MSM and Chondroitin. All good stuff fer those achin joints.

Good to know that there was no worse damage to you or the bike.

Sorry to hear, but I like how you put it. "Torn it on the clutch side!" You know we're obessed when we refer to the left side of our body as the clutch side!!
biggrin.gif

I had a buddy of mine who tore his while playing football. Its not gonna be the same but like it was said before get the muscles around it real strong and it will help keep u from re-injuring it

thanks for the posts everybody. i hope with alittle exercise, i'll be back in the saddle soon. i'll post on my first ride.
thanks

bone

glad your your ok man ....3 weeks for a sling
rock.gif
come one dude do better than that i was in one for 6 1/2 weeks!! juss messin wit ya get better bruh

Welcome to the world of pain that never goes away.

Disclaimer, I am not a doctor, I am not a licensed anything, except for a driver. And medical advice given here by me is strictly from my own personal experiences, take my advice at your own risk. And consult you doctor always. I often consult mine, don't always follow her advice, but it works for me.

MSM / Chondroiton and Glucosamine combination.

I have ACL damage to my left knee, tore my left rotator cuff about 4 years ago. (those are my main problems, numerous other sprains, fractures, dislocations)

With both my knee and my rotator cuff, as long as I exercise on a regular basis I am good to go. but if I stop exercising (for like a week or more) the pain begins to come back.

I have no choice but to exercise on a regular basis. I am pretty much to the point where I am not slamming four Motrin every 6 hours. which is a good thing because slamming 4 Motrin every 6 hours starts to trash your kidneys.

My recommendation, start moving it as soon as possible. be gentle with it, take Motrin, if you take anything stronger such as prescription pain meds, you wont be able to monitor when you are exercising and if you are doing damage. Motrin will take the edge off, but still allow you to monitor the pain level.

Tylenol is do hard on your liver and extended use can cause liver damage.

Aleve is ok, you see all these commercials about Aleve, but they always compare to Tylenol, you never see them compare to Motrin, and I personally have found Motrin more effective. However when taking 4-200 mg tablets that is equal to prescription Motrin. Basically 800mg at a shot

So start working it out as soon as possible, utilize Motrin to get you through the pain, but try to limit the amount of Motrin you take. If you are into building muscle, latest reports on body building and taking Motrin show that taking Motrin can inhibit muscle growth, so it is a catch 22, you might want to take Motrin to push yourself harder and lift more weight, but the extra work you put out in lifting weights is counter acted by the Motrin which inhibits muscle growth.

So use Motrin to help with the pain, but don’t over use it.

Hope this helps some.

Back