Well let the Mods begin

roughshooter69

Registered
Hi guys thought I'd list some of the mods I am carrying out on my latest edition it's a 1999 busa currently residing in my hallway

009-4.jpg

:whistle: it allready has wavy discs front and rear braided hoses twin blue flame slip ons it's been lifted by the previous owner so might be removing this in the near future lets get it out on the road first it has also had led front and rear indictors and rear led tail light.

right as for my mods well just I finnished the first tonight the small airbox mod I have to say many thanks to all the guys on here for the write up :bowdown: it made it soo easy I'll get some pics posted tomorrow I haven't replaced the air box just yet as I intend to do the marble mod (when I can find one) on the pair valves and change the spark plugs for some iridium ones which are not here yet along with a K&N air filter while I'm in here is there anything else you guys can suggest???

thanks Mike don't fancy the cut down pipes but not heard of the r1 throttle tube what is the mod and the benefit ???

Oh and the iridium spark plugs arrived this morning so got the wrench out and the socket but no extention :hmmm: don't you just hate it when you lend your tools out and they don't come back:duh::soapbox: so just ordered a spark plug wrench and also some extentions aswell so this will be a job for another day

check and pull the injector screens if it hasn't already been done.
check and install a case saver ring where the starter ger mounts to the case.

get out and enjoy the bike :thumbsup:

Well thought I'd post some pics small air box mod all done thanks to all the threads on here :bowdown: made it real ease used the flap to cover up hole trust me if you are thinking about doing this mod it soo easy even a car salesman can do it:rofl:

003-9.jpg

004-10.jpg

pair mod now completed again thanks to all the posts on here a real simple mod I have big hands so released the top bolts on the rad and bent the horn forward couldn't be easier :thumbsup:
001-13.jpg

005-9.jpg

and installed the iridium plugs now just waiting for the K&N air filter, oil change also I have bought a K&N oil filter and magnetic sump plug, new chain and sprocket going for 17/42 and power commander3 usb and it'll be down for dyno tunning:thumbsup as long as everything goes well:please: oh by the way sorry about the quality of the photos but managed to drop the camera :banghead:

well cracked on today and did the dremel tail tidy mod :laugh: :thumbsup: just cant leave it alone will get some pick as soon as I can sort the camera out :thumbsup:

LOL! well it is a small world :cheerleader: you'll have to give me your number and give me a bit of history on it currently it's in bits in my hallway as you can see !Just removed the chain and sprockets did you ever change them? have spent the last couple of days getting all the gunk out from there misses is going mad with all the oil and grease everywhere lol!

Last edited:
well guys been really busy with the busa :cheerleader: the plugs are in the air box back in place with a new K&N filter pair system now removed and the holes blanked off new sprockets are also in place and the whole area has been cleaned up and looks like new while I was down there I noticed that the swing arm was showing signs of corrosion in places just unsightly marks so had a look on ebay and found a brand new swing arm for a good price so bought it misses will kill me if she ever sees my ebay account :whistle: anyway spent tonight removing the old one didn't take that long and once again thought I give the area down there a good clean up then I just couldn't help myself and thought I would remove the suspension link wow! the roller bearing inside had no evidence of grease so out came the wd40 and a good clean as it was all very rusty looking in there after about 30 mins of cleaning and a generous amount of grease things feel like new :cheerleader: now all I have to do is wait for the new swing arm to arrive and then deside do I have it polished before I put things back together:whistle:

well guys things are well under way and bought a new camera don't know how to use it though??? so exscuze the quality but thought I'd post a few pics anyway

001-13.jpg

015-1.jpg

above is the pair valve system removed and holes blocked off

005-10.jpg

above is the bike with the rear swing arm removed

001-14.jpg

002-12.jpg

and here are the old and the new swing arms :thumbsup:

009-5.jpg

and here it is back on

also here is a shot of the tail tidy I did

008-4.jpg

and just a couple of the bike waiting for my sprocket nuts, oil and filter change and alarm to arrive so I can get her back together and down to the dyno centre

017.jpg

007-3.jpg

can't wait till everything is done

Back