The modding begins

JET-A

Wishing I was riding
Donating Member
Registered
My new "stuff" is scheduled to arrive tomorrow...
woot.gif
and I have just a couple of questions.

I will be installing a full Yosh R-22 system, a K&N air filter, PCIII, and *possibly* a 16T front sprocket.

My questions are:

1. How accurate are the maps on the Dynojet website? Running a bit rich will be ok until I get it on the dyno, but don't want to hurt the bike in the meantime.

2. I have heard there is another way of hooking up and using the PAIR other than just blocking it off. Something about connecting it someway to the crankcase, maybe?? Anyone ever hear of this or have more information? I will be doing the marble mod until I learn more. I will do the small airbox mod just prior to the dyno.

3. I have heard there may be issues with changing a sprocket without changing the chain as well. I do have over 9K miles on the bike and will be changing [possibly] only the front sprocket. I have heard I need to change the chain; I have heard I need to change the front sprocket twice as often as the chain and rear sprocket. What is the deal??

Sorry about all of the questions. I am trying to do as much of the labor as I can to learn and save some coin.

Your
2cents.gif
are important to me.

send me your email i have a couple maps ill give u . one is for a yoshi one is for a muzzy both custom maps

Depends on the type and amount of riding that you do. I changed mine together the first time I changed them.

I do more "sport touring" or simply cruising around than anything. But that is not to say that I don't get a wild bug once in a while. I like the twisties adn I like just getting out and going somewhere. I just don;t ride the bike hard for more than a minute or so at a time.

Back