Well guys i wrecked the BUSA today!!

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
I was on my way to work and i turned on the road that my work is on from the main road in town (US 50) and as i turned on the road i switched to the outside lane to pass the car in front of me when a car cut across both lanes as they were leaving Taco Bell so i layed my bike over to avoid a hard impact and i slid another 50 feet past the car after the car and bike impacted each other. I got some road rash cuz i wasnt wearing my jacket but was wearing my lid as usual. I had pants on because thats all we are allowed to wear at work. I gues i also recieved a mild concusion even though i was wearing my lid but i will have pics tomorrow when i get my bike back.:banghead:

Wow...dude. That apparently could have been so much worse, but WHAT A DRAG!!!

I'm so glad to see you posting...

As giving as this group this seems to be, please let us know if there's anything at all we can help you with.

Can you assess the damage for us? Predominantly plastic? Is it functional?

Last edited:
I was on my way to work and i turned on the road that my work is on from the main road in town (US 50) and as i turned on the road i switched to the outside lane to pass the car in front of me when a car cut across both lanes as they were leaving Taco Bell so i layed my bike over to avoid a hard impact and i slid another 50 feet past the car after the car and bike impacted each other. I got some road rash cuz i wasnt wearing my jacket but was wearing my lid as usual. I had pants on because thats all we are allowed to wear at work. I gues i also recieved a mild concusion even though i was wearing my lid but i will have pics tomorrow when i get my bike back.:banghead:

wow!
sorry bro, glad that you are not hurt bad.

I'm really sorry to hear that, you'll process through this and finally it'll be a distant memory (and learning experience). Glad you're pretty OK. Raydog

Last edited:
That is very unfortunate, but you are alive and kicking and that's the most important thing right now.
Good thing about the Busa is they made a few spare parts and you should be able to find replacements somewhere.:whistle:
Thanks for not posting pics of this event.
Hope you back on two soon.:thumbsup:
Bubba

here are some pics i got as of now

Picture 039.jpg

Picture 040.jpg

Picture 041.jpg

Picture 042.jpg

Picture 043.jpg

Picture 045.jpg

Picture 046.jpg

Picture 047.jpg

Picture 048.jpg

we need pics!

glad you're OK......I'm right down the road in Louisville if you need any help with it

i probaly wont be riding anymore this is the second wreck i have had the first one was my fault and this one wasnt. I have plenty of time to think about it. I will have pics of the bike tomorrow as they are bringin it back to my house.

Glad your OK, you will be sore and stiff for awile, but looks like it will heel nice. Like so many others been there done that!

hey, Lawrence! Glad to hear you're alright. Tough break especially for round two, but don't be pressured into giving up something that's a part of what makes us all tick, although I did take a twenty-three year hiatus to raise a few kids. Be patient with yourself, give yourself time and don't make any rash (no pun intended but, come to think of it, maybe it does have some application!) decisions. Prayers sent for you, brother!

i probaly wont be riding anymore this is the second wreck i have had the first one was my fault and this one wasnt. I have plenty of time to think about it. I will have pics of the bike tomorrow as they are bringin it back to my house.

keep your head up buddy. get healed. we're all rootin for you.

Sorry to hear about your accident. At least you could walk away from it without any serious damage to yourself. Hope you heal up and the bike gets fixed soon.

Man I'm glad you're ok enough to be posting about it:please:
I hope you don't have too much damage to you or the bike
Did the ever-so-present dumb driver stop??? Hope he got ticketed for being an idiot:banghead:

Thanks for the reminder on gear. Just to think, this all could be avoided by gearing up. Sorry to be a nazi. Hope you get well quick.

Back