Wear your protection! I crashed today.

Bummer, glad it wasn't worse though.

Just goes to show, any one of use can make a mistake at any time with painful consequences.

I'm just glad you're OK Vic; could have been so much worse! And great PSA...

Hope you heal fast :thumbsup:

ATGATT! ALWAYS! If you don't have leather pants and you are reading this, thinking, I wear a leather jacket and boots and gloves, "I am geared up. A low speed crash(less than 40 mph) brings a sliding on the pavement, not necessarily trauma to the upper body. The knees are the first thing to hit the ground with force. Hopefully this thread helps at least one person gear up their lower body.

Sorry to hear about you get-off.

Sorry to hear you went down but I am glad to hear it was not too bad. Heal quick!

Dang Vic, sorry to hear this bro, hope you recover soon brutha:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the get-off, yo.

Hopefully everyone who reads this will learn and further be able to pass the story on to someone who will benefit from your experience.

Glad to hear you're overall o.k.

JUst had that conversation w the wife yesterday Vic..

I can provide a few pictures to prove your point.... My knees still bleeding..

I will be on the market for a new leather pants as soon as I heal. Sweat can be washed away...

sorry to hear bro,glad you will heal up:thumbsup:

as strange as this may sound,the best thing that happened to me was going down on my bike the first month I bought her a few yrs ago. was only doing 40-50mph, but it opened my eyes to how fast things can happen and you better be prepared (gravel sucks):poke:

Glad it was just a few scrapes and bruise. Road rash burns and the worst is yet to come...for the next few days getting in the shower will be painful. Wish you a quick and speedy recovery!

yeah but how many are just gonna throw on a pair of leathers to go down the block and back, seriously we all have done it (ride with jeans on) heck ive even taken the drag bike down the road and back with just my helmet on and jeans and t shirt... we just have to be carefull and sometimes thats not enough...glad your not more serious Vic, that rash hurts like a mother....wait till ya take a shower.....

I'm glad you're mostly alright, Vic :beerchug:. We all learn from everyone's mistakes, so thanks for the lesson :).

How about Dragon Genes? They have kevlar.

Probably better then regular jeans... Fabric survived just fine in my case, seams tore apart around knees and hips....

They will not protect from bruising your azz and hitting your knees to the point when you would not be able to walk anymore.

I think alpinestars making jeans with hard knee protection.

Back