A friend crashed today.

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I had a good friend crash today, fortunately he's okay.

I wasn't with with him at the time, still hadn't got my bike out to join him and another friend for a ride.
They were on the highway, doin a lil better than traffic speeds when he got himself a wobble, not quite sure what started it, but he deff had it. Again, I wasnt there, but he got the wobble, manage to slow down to around 45 or so and if got bad enough he felt he couldn't save it, so he got on the rear brake and laid it down. I wish he had accelerated, we've even talked about it before, as my understanding is the only way out of the wobble, is the throttle.
Anyway, he managed a solid tuck and roll and came out of it with a lil rash and some bruises thanks to wearing his gear, jacket, gloves, helmet. The bike, a Tiller, faired rather well too. Some rash, a broken lever, bar end and some can damage is all there was.
His seat is lost tho, they looked for a half hour to find it, but no luck, they were on the way to bolt it down, not sure why it wasn't, but it wasn't.
Just happy hes okay and even got smile out of him for a pic, notice his shirt. :lol:

Ride safe guys!

ForumRunner_20120627_021027.png

ForumRunner_20120627_021053.png

ForumRunner_20120627_021027.png

ForumRunner_20120627_021053.png

What brand of steering dampener is that on there? Any oil in it?

those hands are going to give him fits but i'm glad it wasn't worse! :beerchug:

is his belt an old seat belt? if so, that's awesome :thumbsup:

It is Semi. You haven't seen those, huh? :rofl:

no, i haven't...i grew up in MS where they used baling twine and now live in IL where they let their pants hang down around their knees :rofl: would this count when i get pulled over and the LEO asks if i have my seat belt on? :lol:

He's a lil sore, but went to work, he's tougher than me :laugh:

We're gonna look at the dampner this week and check the rest of the bike. It's odd, the lower tree thats on it seems to be from a busa as its got a hole for a dampner mount on it, tlr lowers don't. He also had a minor rubbing issue with the front wheel hittin the fairings, as if its geometry was off, which is how we found the lower tree wasn't right.
He's done 3k miles this season without issue til last night, so who knows if the tree had anything to with it or not.

That rash on his stomach is differently going to be hurt while healing. Rash in weird places are a bummer. Glad he is ok.

Back