Wear your protection! I crashed today.

As many of you know I`m biggest protection advocate, I always wear helmet, leather jacket, gloves...

Well, today I didn`t. I took my TLR for a short ride around my house, 100 yards, no more then that.

Locked front wheel on dirty asphalt, went down doing 20MPH. Man, it hurts, I was wearing jeans and sweatshirt.
My both knees scrapped, both arms... and I think I pulled my back too.

Stupid, stupid me....

Please wear your gears, road rash sucks.

Damn that sucks, glad you are here to tell the story though as it is so tempting at times in the FL heat to just head out in less than full gear. I haven't but I would be lying if I said I didn't think about it periodically. It's stories like this that remind me not to do it so, thank you for sharing as it does reinforce how important ATGATT is regardless of how far you are going and what you are riding (including a scooter)! Get well soon Bro. :please:

Lots of accidents lately. Sorry to hear it, Vic, but definitely a lesson we should all learn! Glad you are okay and the bike can be fixed.

sorry to hear about this...hope you heal up quickly

glad your ok and that really sucks. I went down at 35mph and I was wearing all the protection but just jeans and of course the knees are the only parts that got scraped up, 3 weeks later it still hurts.

I'm just glad to hear that you kept it below 20mph since you weren't wearing any gear. Sorry about the low side but sometimes lessons need to be burned into your memory.

heal up and get the bike sorted. I'm glad you're still around to tell the tale. :beerchug:

Back