Washing the bike

old fashioned bucket with car wash soap, wool mitt and a bit of elbow grease..

I then use my weed blower to get the wet stuff out of the nooks and crannies when done..

followed with my "fireman's friend" artificial chamois and then if I am really ambitious, NXT Gen 2 from Meguiars.. total time about an hour.. (provided I do not have wheel polishing to do)

Suzuki bike wash (if she's real dirty)... other than that, turtle wax ICE baby - makes her sparkle...:thumbsup:

Take off plastics and wash metal and rubber underpinnings with simple green and brush. Rinse and blow dry with leaf blower-this will take water out of cracks. Regrease pivot points and reoil chain. I wash plastics both back and front off the bike, towel dry and then dry with leaf blower. Bike is as clean as a whistle
???

yes, but obviously you gotta go to a Honda stealership... which is kinda funny when you pull up on a Busa!

Going there on my Busa is part of the fun. So Honda can see what the bike class has become since they abandoned it. :rofl::rofl: I use H7 on a real dirty day, Honda cleaner for a quick clean & off for a ride. I was a big BlackBird fan that thing road sweet.

i wash and wax my bike at beginning and end of season. the rest of the time its honda polish exclusively unless shes really really dirty

Be careful with those blow dryers. Personally I dont use them. They can blow water into electrical connectors. Do not blow around the instrument cluster. Had a problem with my vtx1300. Still under warranty so all was good. be carefull. (oh yea, traded that bike for the busa). no regrets.

Water and a micrfiber towel - followed by a dry microfiber towel works for routine cleaning for me. Once a month or so I get out the bucket and soapy water. I use the Honda spray cleaner on the wheels every time I bring it into the garage. :welcome:

also, with the hose method, I take a few towels and put them into the air intakes and cover the instrument pannels so they all stay dry.

Mine usually gets washed by riding it in the rain. If we have a dry spell, then power wash followed by blow dry once a month or so.

Back